Follow up to ESP LTD Deluxe M-1000?

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
Got me a ESP. BEST. GUITAR. EVER.:hbang:
Picture1.png

the bitch makes me shred faster then Laiho. :shred: lol impossible...

now i got a lot of scratch for the Holidays, and I'm wondering what i should get as a follow up.

I need EMGs, but thats purty much all i need. if it was any thing ESP or something, that b great.

(theres a guitar on ebay i saw, its a jackson RR3 hooked up w/ EMGs. the dude told me he'd sell i 2 me 4 450, half wut its worth. i'm a huge Laiho fan and this is a great alternative to the Alexi-200, because i need a Neck PU. :fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
Care to tell us anything else you prefer?

Fretboards?
Shapes?
Construction?
Finish?
Fret Size?
Strings?

C-PIG

Reaction score
Grab a jackson dkmg , dual emgs , lic. floyd simular to your LTD but jackson version.

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
Noodle Guy, I dont really care. =P

C-pig, i really do like that guitar played it and i don't like the feel =/ Thx anyway Bro

Johann

Midnight Walker
Reaction score
not at all, they still remain one of my favourites, except for that last album, the only problem is their fanbase.

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Yeah, please use passable spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It takes an extra 10 seconds to do a good proofread.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Care to tell us anything else you prefer?

Fretboards?
Shapes?
Construction?
Finish?
Fret Size?
Strings?

Since you love ESP/LTD so much, I would recommend you got play a few Jackson's first. They do have a different neck. For me, fretboard radius and scale length can be a huge factor. I believe ESP uses a 14" radius for most guitars and Jackson is about 16", but sometimes Jackson uses compound radius too. This is where its 14" lower on the neck and 16" higher up on the fretboard.

Fretboard radius might not seem like a big deal, but you will definitely notice the difference. I lusted after Framus ever since I saw Lamb of God using them. I finally got one two weeks ago and I am already selling it because the 12" radius just isn't comfortable to me.

Just my two cents, you can take it or leave it.

Yoshi

Reaction score
Grab a jackson dkmg , dual emgs , lic. floyd simular to your LTD but jackson version.

M-1000 has EMGs, ORIGINAL floyd rose, maple top and is neck through. He seems happy.

Alexi can't shred that fast either. I agree with the "Typical CoBHead" statement, there are people alot better than Alexi...I don't find him to be all that interesting IMO.

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
OMG guys! guess what!!!! they just Posted on the ESP website the new guitars for 09.

The ESP Guitar Company :: News

Look at these babys.

I've decicded on sight that i want the V-401DX, because its my M-1000 in V form. thx guys u rock. XD

V-401DX.jpg

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
that v's not gonna be anything like your M-1000 man :lol: but it should be slick (I think I might get one)

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
And this is why I sold my effin' Alexi-600.

Lord-a-mercy.

I'm picking up what you're putting down ;)

Alexi and Roope are def great, but they're not the best. By far two of my biggest influences, but still, they have a lot of flaws.

I just wish ESP would cut the crap and make a US version of the SV, with two EMG's, OFR, ebony fret board, alder body with maple neck through and a clear satin finish on the neck :yum: now that would be something I'd buy. I'm still throwing the idea around to get something like that but as a 7/8 when/if I ever get a custom done :lol:

Shinto

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
I'm picking up what you're putting down ;)

Alexi and Roope are def great, but they're not the best. By far two of my biggest influences, but still, they have a lot of flaws.

I just wish ESP would cut the crap and make a US version of the SV, with two EMG's, OFR, ebony fret board, alder body with maple neck through and a clear satin finish on the neck :yum: now that would be something I'd buy. I'm still throwing the idea around to get something like that but as a 7/8 when/if I ever get a custom done :lol:
I think Jackson sued ESP for the shape, so they can't really make a US version of the SV...

')