For all you 7 string Strat fetishists...

• Thread starter metalfiend666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's hideous, and Toshi's somewhat of a tool. Anyway, IIRC the UV was in prototype development by then.

dumbarse

Reaction score
Yah I’m not sure I buy his claim that it’s “THE FIRST solid body 7-string guitar.” Certainly it’s an interesting piece and a very earlier representation of a 7 string, but some boutique builder must have made a solid body seven before that was made in 1987.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Why is he called Toshi Iseda? He doesn't look Japanese at all (AT ALL) and it said he was born in Chicago and his uncle Brown (or whatever)... kinda confused there... Also, Drew, why do you say he is a tool? I am unfamiliar with the dude, so I can't really say anything.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Somewhat of a long story, but he's an endorsement whore who collects business cards and has a track record of burning past associates to further his own ends, and while he finally took his photo gallery down, it seems, previously it was three pictures of him playing a clinic in japan and then six pages of him arm-in-arm with (mostly non-music) celebreties. His links section is still called "Toshi's Friends" and is a veritable laundry list of celebrities.

He's not a bad player, exactly, but he released a debut years and years ago, and hans't recorded a thing since.

I remember hearing stories of him walking around berklee in the late 80's/early 90's with hair extensions carrying a pedal board as big as he was - you get the picture.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Hm... I see. That still doesn't explain his name, though.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I do believe he's half MIJ.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, that is ugly......I posted that here before and I've seen a better looking one and posted it here before too, it had alex Gregory's sig on the headstock and it was the same color as the YJM strat.

Naren, He is half like me. I look more Japanese than him though....lol.

The guy can play guitar though, I have not picked up any of his music though, It's hard for me to get into I guess, still, not bad.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
dumbarse said:
Yah I’m not sure I buy his claim that it’s “THE FIRST solid body 7-string guitar.” Certainly it’s an interesting piece and a very earlier representation of a 7 string, but some boutique builder must have made a solid body seven before that was made in 1987.

I doubt it's the first solid body 7 either. I do believe that it is the first 7 string strat though, which is why I posted it. I thought Drew and a few others would like to where it is so they can liberate it and give it a decent paintjob.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not the 1st, but it is problably 2nd or 3rd. To see the first electric 7-string, see Maestro Alex Gregory's Fender Strat 7-string. Gregory previously owned the one we're discussing.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
I doubt it's the first solid body 7 either. I do believe that it is the first 7 string strat though, which is why I posted it. I thought Drew and a few others would like to where it is so they can liberate it and give it a decent paintjob.

I do deem some liberation, cosmetic and otherwise, would do this axe some good. :shred:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I don't trust exuberant descriptions. Not to mention that guitar is ugly anyway.

He comes across as a more smug version of tiger woods (I say tiger woods because he looks blackaneese)

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
That thing is but ugly

and IMO its not a true strat unless it ha sa pickguard and maple fingerboard...

Flexes at Raspberry colored guitars

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know...I'd take it.

Then I'd paint it matte black, put a mirror pickguard on it and neck and bridge rail 'buckers.

Then I'd play it.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
You know, that guitar was ruined the day someone said "Hey, let's give it 24 frets and push the bridge closer to the top edge of the body". It just throws off the balance of how a Strat is supposed to look. The Squier Fat Strat 7 is still the closest thing to a real 7-string Strat IMHO.

')