For all you Ion Dissonance lovers, new song up!

• Thread starter omgmjgg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

willyman101

Reaction score
Why do people not like Minus the Herd? ...I can't really make sense of Solace. I have trouble with that kind of music, it's just too much. MTH was much heavier in my eyes/ears.

However, saying that, this sounds fucking insane.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree that this song was too short but man was it awesome, can't wait to hear some more, also I think that Minus The Herd is a great cd by them because it is the cd that really got me into these guys.

Antimatter

Reaction score
I agree that this song was too short but man was it awesome, can't wait to hear some more, also I think that Minus The Herd is a great cd by them because it is the cd that really got me into these guys.
Well it wasn't really that I thought it was really really bad, but all the worship these guys were getting, I was expecting something better. It was an unpleasant surprise to me.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
shitsøn;2050367 said:
like it better than pretty much any song on minus the herd already. i'm excited for the rest.

Yup!!!

Why do people not like Minus the Herd? ...I can't really make sense of Solace. I have trouble with that kind of music, it's just too much. MTH was much heavier in my eyes/ears.

I felt the same way, but i was intreigued by it and just listened over and over, then i started to understand it as i listened closer. Give it some time.

Reaction score
As much as I still loved MTH...Solace wrecks it in everyway possible. I read a few bits about Cursed and it's looking the entire disc is going to be more tech/chaotic like Solace was. Finally a disc that I can be pumped about this year other than Danza.

groph

Reaction score
Man, that song was pretty awesome even if it was less than 2 minutes long.

I like how they have some of the pre Minus the Herd franticness. I used to hate Solace and Breathing is Irrelevant, but they have since grown on me and I listen to them more than Minus the Herd.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score

THIS

I think some of their older material was way too crazy and all over the place that I just couldn't keep up with it but when MTH came out I decided to give them a 2nd chance and found it to be more of a listenable album than say what Solace was. I feel the same way about Dillinger Escaple Plan... I loved their older material but their newer stuff (Ire Works) was just way too crazy and all over the place for me to listen to.

Antimatter

Reaction score
THIS

I think some of their older material was way too crazy and all over the place that I just couldn't keep up with it but when MTH came out I decided to give them a 2nd chance and found it to be more of a listenable album than say what Solace was. I feel the same way about Dillinger Escaple Plan... I loved their older material but their newer stuff (Ire Works) was just way too crazy and all over the place for me to listen to.

I find that they do the chaotic crazy thing a lot better than others who try to. Minus The Herd was a great album on its own, but comparatively in my opinion, it doesn't really stand up to their other works.

Ricky_Gallows

lyketotallybrashdude
Reaction score
THIS

I def agree. MTH is my fav album of theirs.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Well, I love Solace and Breathing is Irrelevant, Minus the Herd was cool, but I loved the Chaos of the previous releases, and this new song is bad ass.

boni

Reaction score
all Ion Dissonance albums are unique and awesome

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I remember talking to their bass player about the direction they took, and he explained to me how they wanted to write songs that had more groove that you could bang your head to, rather than just sticking to the spazzy mathcore formula.

I think his exact words were they wanted to make "memorable" grooves.

Either way, it seems like they've realised that most ID fans were looking for Solace Pt II and it looks like we're going to get it.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
I got into these guys back in my "deathcore" days, So I obviously LOOOOOVe MTH, then I heard solace, so fucking crazy, These guys are really the only crazy freakout metal band that I can stand, as it keeps it sense while still being completely insane.

5/5

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I think it would be awesome if they found a common ground somewhere between MTH and Solace. When music is too chaotic I have a hard time enjoying it after a couple of listens, but if they added some "memorable groove" to the choas I think it would be sick.

')