For All You Prog. fans.. and lovers of great music

• Thread starter YngwieReid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

YngwieReid

Reaction score
Generally prog. fans know prog. work. However, it seems there's still quite a few that haven't heard of Ayreon.

Their Human Equation album is probably the best prog. album released in the last 2-4 years. Its worth every penny and I urge you to check it out! You wont be disapointed!

There's all kinds of different instruments, & beautiful vocals;

Vocalists:
- Devon Graves (Dead Soul Tribe) as 'Agony'
- Devin Townsend (SYL) as 'Rage'
- Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) as 'Reason'
- Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth) as 'Fear'
- Magnus Ekwall (The Quill) as 'Pride'
- Heather Findlay (Mostly Autumn) as 'Love'
- Irene Jansen (Karma) as 'Passion'
- James LaBrie (Dream Theater) as 'Me'
- Marcela Bovio (Elfonia) as 'Wife'
- Mike Baker (Shadow Gallery) as 'Father'
- Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon) as 'Best Friend'

Instrumentalists:
- Ken Hensley (Uriah Heep, Various) / Hammond
- Oliver Wakeman (Nolan & Wakeman) / keyboards
- Martin Orford (IQ, Jadis) / keyboards
- Ed Warby (Gorefest, Various) / drums
- Joost van den Broek (Ayreon) / keyboards
- John McManus / Low-flute, tin-whistle
- Jeroen Goossens / flute
- Robert Baba / violins
- Marieke van der Heyden / cello

..wonderful hooks..the whole album will just leave you with Ayreon addiction. I don't know how they topped Electric Castle but Human Equation did...and now I don't even think it's possible to out due this masterpiece.

Please! Check it out!

~AJ. Reid

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70826702

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shaman

Reaction score
Ayreon is awesome :yesway:

I have the Human Equation and I listen to it very often. It's a masterpiece! I have the version with the making of DVD, which has some cool stuff in it.

I got interested in Ayreon since I am an Opeth fan (Mikael Akerfekdt) and a Strapping Young Lad fan (Devin Townsend) and they both perform on Human Equation. So I downloaded some samples and I loved it.

I haven't bought the older stuff yet, but I will in the future.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It is pretty damned cool - worth buying simply for Devin Townsend's chorus vocal on "Day Three: Pain." :agreed: All the rest is just one heck of a bonus.

That said, clearly the best prog album in the last 2-4 years is Gordion Knot's "Emergent." For shame. ;)

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I was actually a bit disappointed in The Human Equation. It gets a bit "Broadway" in places.

To me, the best prog (not prog-metal) album released in the last several years is "Paradox Hotel" by The Flower Kings. Roine Stolt is a very tasty guitar player and the whole band really kicks ass on this album.

Latest posts

')