For fans of Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, Periphery - Line 6 Pod HD

• Thread starter thenickarchives
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Purelojik

Reaction score
shit dude that sounds awesome. the hell are your settings on the pod? i just got an HD and am tweaking. got some cool stuff but always interested to hear hwo people are tweaking theirs.

your in fullerton? no way im in newport! lol we should jam sometime.

sh4z

Reaction score
The extended scale definitely helps to keep everything nice and tight.

thenickarchives

Reaction score
shit dude that sounds awesome. the hell are your settings on the pod? i just got an HD and am tweaking. got some cool stuff but always interested to hear hwo people are tweaking theirs.

your in fullerton? no way im in newport! lol we should jam sometime.

thanks man. i actually dialed in the setting from Chimp Spanner's youtube channel for distortion, then I combined it with another one I made. 4 tracks of guitars at pretty much all times haha. i'll upload my preset if you'd like

The extended scale definitely helps to keep everything nice and tight.

yeah it does. i prefer the baritone over a regular guitar now haha. especially for the low tunings

Purelojik

Reaction score
thanks man. i actually dialed in the setting from Chimp Spanner's youtube channel for distortion, then I combined it with another one I made. 4 tracks of guitars at pretty much all times haha. i'll upload my preset if you'd like

yeah it does. i prefer the baritone over a regular guitar now haha. especially for the low tunings

sure i'd love to give ur preset a try, if you'd like to try mine lemme know and i'll share the dropbox link

Purelojik

Reaction score
damn this mix translates so well from my DT770s to my regular speakers... i need to learn how to do this. and learn how to make it so punchy.

well done dude.

thenickarchives

Reaction score
Sounds awesome dude. I wouldn't mind checking out your presets as well! :)

thanks man. i'll upload them soon for sure

damn this mix translates so well from my DT770s to my regular speakers... i need to learn how to do this. and learn how to make it so punchy.

well done dude.

nice, thanks, that's good to hear. ive been trying to play with different mixes and tones for a while, so im stoked this one is comin out punchy to you.

holy astral third nipple!dat was heavy. sounds awesome! what are you using for bass?

hahaha that cracked me up. i use an ibanez sound gear 5 string i believe, and as far as the tone, i use the default 'boomy source' preset on pod farm 2, and then slap some "fat eq" from logic on the track. the EQ is where it's at though. it definitely makes it fatter

Purelojik

Reaction score
shit man i was just listening to your soundcloud. you got some amazing stuff there. i left some comments. heavies 5 has a riff im in love with (im shehatesmytie on soundcloud)

keep makin new shit dude.

thenickarchives

Reaction score
shit man i was just listening to your soundcloud. you got some amazing stuff there. i left some comments. heavies 5 has a riff im in love with (im shehatesmytie on soundcloud)

keep makin new shit dude.

Thanks for checkin all that out man, much appreciated. Glad you dig it. I dont really know how i come up with things. I usually map out drums with rough guitar ideas, then when i go to record, i usually end up writing whatever feels best with those beats. I know with that song, i started with trying to write a protest the hero riff in the intro cause their new cd had just come out. It ended up not sounding as cool as them tho haha. As for that riff u like, i guess its a mix of the influence as cities burn and misery signals have had on me.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Hell yeah man! THAT synth<3

Do you think I could get that tone to work with my PodXT Live? it was just so beautiful!

PLEASE record an CD and let me download, I'll love you forever.

BadBovineNickel

Reaction score
This is sick man! The Bill O'Reiley clip is what really made it tho :D

+1

That was SO fucking funny at the beginning...what a coin sack, O'Reiley...

I thought the tune was heavy, well played and very interesting man - right on!
:hbang:

I was considering an Axe, but I love Chimp Spanner, and this shit sounds so awesome...maybe I should reconsider...

BTW - what pickups do you have on the MMM1? And what strings??

Awesome job man.

requiemsoup

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Is this for the Pod HD Pro, or the bean shape?
Nonetheless, could I get the preset? :D

')