For the fallen dreamsish band I'm doing

• Thread starter raybrochill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

raybrochill

Reaction score
I feel like I'm missing out on some low end, but I can't be totally sure. Since there's like 10 ft of snow outside, I'm hesitant to check the mix with some sub power.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3799855/Sear...als%20test.mp3

Guitars are x30
Drums are slate/ad
Bass is Vir2 Basis

I still need to do some velocity work with the drums and bass, but what do you guys think so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tranqx

Reaction score
Definitely dig it man, FTFD is one of my favorites; guitar sounds massive.

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Pretty sick shit there man! Sounds really good. In fact I wouldn't have really noticed it was missing a little low end had you not said anything...then again, I am listening to it on some shitty pc speakers.

All in all sounds awesome though. Keep it up!

zalmoxiss

Reaction score
Sounds pretty sick to me. Both the heavy and melodic parts of the guitar sound great.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Sounds great! I agree about the velocity work, but the guitars are top-notch.

tranqx

Reaction score
Holy shit... YCE? Arizona? Damn I haven't listened to you guys since I moved from Peoria 5 years ago haha.

matttttYCE

Reaction score
New mix sounds even better! Like the person above me said it sounds like a pretty legit mix. Snare sounds niiiice :)

Holy shit... YCE? Arizona? Damn I haven't listened to you guys since I moved from Peoria 5 years ago haha.

Holy hell, I never thought I'd find anyone around here who had ever even heard of us! That's pretty awesome! Thanks for listening way back when.

tranqx

Reaction score
Damn this mix is seriously heavy as balls; definitely nailed that FTFD feel, sounds like it could have been another song off Relentless! Mix advice would be dope!

Holy hell, I never thought I'd find anyone around here who had ever even heard of us! That's pretty awesome! Thanks for listening way back when.

Hell yeah man I saw your display picture and was like no way! Haha I miss the days of all the good local PHX bands, I miss me some Mr. Lethal Himself and The Donner Family Reunion hahaha.

raybrochill

Reaction score
Well thanks, guys! I hardly think I'm qualified to give any mixing advice, though. Most of it just great players with a great song, imo. As for the sub drops (yuck), they're just a sine wave pitched down to a#1 (tuned to that because the band plays in drop a#). Then I automated the pitch and the volume. Really simple. I'm really flattered by the comments I'm getting. Thank you guys!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
As for the sub drops (yuck), they're just a sine wave pitched down to a#1 (tuned to that because the band plays in drop a#). Then I automated the pitch and the volume. Really simple. I'm really flattered by the comments I'm getting. Thank you guys!

that´s what i do too :D

edit: although i´ve never used sub-drops in metal, i do it for some electronica stuff. i did similar stuff in my earlier rock/alternative days, to make an intro really kick in.

raybrochill

Reaction score
that´s what i do too :D

edit: although i´ve never used sub-drops in metal, i do it for some electronica stuff. i did similar stuff in my earlier rock/alternative days, to make an intro really kick in.

Man, I'm so tired of them. Every band that comes in "c4n U GiV m3 DuH 3P1C B455 B00mZz?" -_-

...but if that's what the kids want, yaknow?

tranqx

Reaction score
So wait you just recorded these guys? Did you just have em DI into x30 and then they gave you a MIDI drum track for the drums? Or did you record the drums and then use the Slate samples over them? I was under the impression you did all this yourself, haha.

raybrochill

Reaction score
Well I did to all of it, myself. I'm not exactly sure what you mean... We programmed out the drums, tracked guitars, programmed the bass, and then tracked vocals. I might be a little confused. I tracked, mixed, and "mastered" the track you're hearing, if that's what you mean.

tranqx

Reaction score
Oh okay I thought you meant you just strictly recorded them haha. Regardless I've still listened to this song probably like 10 times today haha.

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I think everything sounds pretty good. The only tiny thing that threw me off was the snare not popping enough. It sounds too fat or dull. Keep it up!

raybrochill

Reaction score

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
')