For the love of God w/ Orchestra

• Thread starter DelfinoPie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I really like Vai and I think there are a lot of amazing songs on his latest album, but this version of the song didn't do much for me. I have a live version of "For The Love Of God" on my computer that is overflowing with power and emotion and "took my breath away" (in a figurative way) the first time I saw it, but this one with the orchester seemed to lack both power and emotion. The only part that I thought was pretty cool was the intro and a few random parts interspersed throughout the piece where Vai and orchestra really meshed together. Vai usually has very nice tone, but on this recording, it was shrill and biting and didn't mix well with the orchestra. I also kept thinking that perhaps his constant floyd rose abuse was putting him out of key from the orchestra sometimes. And the wanking at the end was completely uncalled for. I usually really like Vai and there were a few parts of this version that I thought were done really well, but overall I didn't think it was a very good rendition of the song.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Just when I thought this song couldn't get any better he pulls off an orchestra version!!!! BRAVO VAI!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I saw this too, I thought it was alright. The last Vai album I bought was The Ultra Zone, I actually like that album too. :yesway:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I need to get Live In Denver actually. I have Live in Tokyo and the first G3 as well as Live in Astoria. Live In Denver is on my list of dvds to get definitely. :agreed:

Gabe777

Organic Anagram
Reaction score
steve vai is god! that is a beautiful piece, i bet you he got the idea from petrucci lol

')