For those looking for imprinted picks...

• Thread starter eaeolian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In Tune is the best!

Same material as Dunlop, cheaper (even than our endorser's price), and better print quality!

Now he's just got to get the Ultem in 1.14mm. (I use Ultex 1.14s, which Dunlop won't custom print.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Aw... they don't do Jazz III shapes. Does anyone do custom printed Jazz III's?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
DSS3 said:
Aw... they don't do Jazz III shapes. Does anyone do custom printed Jazz III's?

I was wondering that too. This might be a ways down the road (years, at the rate I'm going, lol), but about the time I finished my CD it might be a cool promotional thing, buy a gross or two and include a free Drew Peterson pick with the first 100 purchases or something. :lol:

Yeah, I'm a dork, I should be shot. :)

SevenatoR

Seven String Slinger
Reaction score
I've used Clayton a couple of times and am real happy with what I've gotten.

http://www.steveclayton.com

Clayton doesn't charge a 'one time screen charge', like InTune does, but it looks like either Clayton or InTune would be the two best deals out there. Depends on quantity and material as to which of the two would be better.

YMMV

Enjoy!

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
Great thread... I'm in the process of designing my custom pick now. :)

Sadly, the only justifiable reason I'm doing it is because friends keep stealing my picks everytime they're over (not a big deal; but over months of doing it, we're talking like $50-$100 worth of picks from me lol)... atleast when I get these, if anyone steals one and I ask "whered you get this pick?"... they can't say "uh... the store", cause it'll have my name on it. :D

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
I was wondering that too. This might be a ways down the road (years, at the rate I'm going, lol), but about the time I finished my CD it might be a cool promotional thing, buy a gross or two and include a free Drew Peterson pick with the first 100 purchases or something. :lol:

Yeah, I'm a dork, I should be shot. :)

Don't you use beer caps for picks??:drew:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
SevenatoR said:
I've used Clayton a couple of times and am real happy with what I've gotten.

http://www.steveclayton.com

1.00mm Acetal is what I use. I tried one of Eaeolian's ultex picks, and I think I found my new pick material. I'm happy to see Clayton makes one, too, because I like the shape and rounded edges he uses.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, In Tune does do a Jazz III shape. It's listed on their site as a Grip XX-J. They're pretty much exactly like the Dunlop Tortex Jazz picks.

HELL YES! I just finished making the graphic :hbang:

Now to finish finding members and get vocals recorded. :lol:

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
I see that he has the Delrin picks now that he didn't when I looked in to them in the past. But he only has the matte finished ones.

I can not stand the sound of a matte finished pick (delrin, ultex, jazz III) because they scrape the string when they hit it. Fast picking always has a scraping sound that sound terrible to me.

I guess I'm stuck with dunlop since I didn't like In-Tune's celluloid.

But... I still have 200+ picks with the Division logo on them, so I'm not in a furry to get more picks.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually switched to Clayton, simply because he does Ultex ("Ultem"). You might like their Acetal picks...

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually switched to Clayton, simply because he does Ultex ("Ultem"). You might like their Acetal picks...

Hmm... he's a lot more expensive than Dunlop at Dunlop quantities (i.e. 800 is cheaper from Dunlop), but he has the option to order a lot fewer. I'll have to look into it further once I have a logo.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm... he's a lot more expensive than Dunlop at Dunlop quantities (i.e. 800 is cheaper from Dunlop), but he has the option to order a lot fewer. I'll have to look into it further once I have a logo.

I switched for a reason - the edges are MUCH better on the Claytons, especially on the ones I use.

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
I switched for a reason - the edges are MUCH better on the Claytons, especially on the ones I use.

Hmm... I do find that one out of every 10 or so Dunlops has a rounded point before I use it, so I have to throw it out. I also have been going through them about 1 pick every 5 hours of playing. I'll run out of Division picks sooner or later, and I'll give the Claytons a try.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm... I do find that one out of every 10 or so Dunlops has a rounded point before I use it, so I have to throw it out. I also have been going through them about 1 pick every 5 hours of playing. I'll run out of Division picks sooner or later, and I'll give the Claytons a try.

Yeah, I had the same issue - the Dunlop quality control has been pretty crappy lately...

')