Forever On the Waves...My "Pirate Metal"

• Thread starter PirateMetalTroy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
After watching 20 seconds I curse you and your spider hands

Nice playing though

Benraldo

plays sixes
Reaction score
tight. your pinky does the same jacked out movements mine does!
sounds good though man.:yesway:

reptillion

Reaction score
I love it. damn why do you put yourself down, i could never get close to playing that, I am just learning how to sweep at 4 beats per minute. I like epic songs, it reminds me of captain nemo by MSG.

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
I "put myself down" because if i went around toting myself as the greatest guitar player ever, i would probably get beat up. That and It keeps me pushing myself to get better. (still can't 3 and 4 string sweep)

Alestorm is also terrible...mebbe except for wenches and mead. I hate thier vocals, and obsessive use of piratey gimmicks.

Imperium

Reaction score
Alestorm is also terrible...mebbe except for wenches and mead. I hate thier vocals, and obsessive use of piratey gimmicks.

I agree dude, I've always thought pirates and metal would go hand in hand but I still havent seen it done in a way I like yet.

Anyway,

That was really good man, it's inspired me to work on my alternate picking instead of bitching out and doing legato all the time :lol:

Was that your Dual Rec you were using for the clip?

Anyway, awsome playing dude :metal:

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
Actually i sold the dual rec a while ago, and just never updated my rig.

here's my signal chain.

Brain > Hands > JazzIII Red (i usually use ultex) > Ernie Ball (56-12) > EMG 81/85 (i have no idea which is which) > RGT42FM-AN > Peavey Triple XXX > Behringer Ultrafex II > A R T Quadra/Fx > Mesa/Boogie Recto Std. 4x12 Slant cab.

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
That sounds really good! I love the melodies.. I think you need something to break up the constant lead playing though. If there was some rhythm in there or room for some vocals, it might give the lead bits more impact when they kick in again.

')