Former Great White Singer Jack Russell passed away aged 63

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Before he retired, there are some videos of his last few gigs where his band members actually had to help him out to a chair to perform the show. Jack looked rough but he was in great spirits. His vocals aren't what they were - because when they were - he was one of the best rock vocalists around. In the 80s landscape, Great White were a Zep-esque, heavy blues-rock band. That said, they also understand the times and stuck the lovely Bobbie Brown in the Twice Bitten video to keep their place in the pack. The 80s gotta 80s. Thanks for the tunes, Jack.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah that blows. My grandma has lewy body dementia and is in hospice. We have known she has had serious memory problems for the last year and a half or more, but once it accelerates, it is at a furious pace.

On Christmas, she was at my mom's walking around and talking to everyone. Now she can't walk, get up, or focus for more than a few seconds.

It's one of those diseases where you pray the person who has it passes away peacefully in their sleep because there is zero quality of life and the moments of lucidity that they have is typically spent telling whoever they're with how much they hate their life.

RIP dude, 63 is crazy young for a neurological disease this shitty. Robin Williams killed himself over the same thing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ah that blows. My grandma has lewy body dementia and is in hospice. We have known she has had serious memory problems for the last year and a half or more, but once it accelerates, it is at a furious pace.

On Christmas, she was at my mom's walking around and talking to everyone. Now she can't walk, get up, or focus for more than a few seconds.

It's one of those diseases where you pray the person who has it passes away peacefully in their sleep because there is zero quality of life and the moments of lucidity that they have is typically spent telling whoever they're with how much they hate their life.

RIP dude, 63 is crazy young for a neurological disease this shitty. Robin Williams killed himself over the same thing.
Woof yeah you're right. Was watching some shows earlier and he had to walk on stage with a cane and sit down for most of the show on a stool. Didn't realize how long he was actually battling this

brector

Reaction score
For sure. My uncle passed from it and it was devastating.

')