Formula One thread

• Thread starter TheDuatAwaits
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDuatAwaits

Dreaming of Ur
Reaction score
Any F1 fans on here? I searched and found a thread from 2008 about it, wasn't going to necrobump it. I've only been watching for about 2 years, I like to watch races on Youtube from the 90's. I can catch the first half of the season up until Hungary, after that I have to read about it. From what I've read, Sebastian Vettel has been phenomenal the past 4 races, I wonder if he'll get a 3rd straight world championship? Too early to tell?

What are your guys' thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thyber

Reaction score
I think he might end 2nd with a minimal point difference with Alonso.

I find it funny that Schumacher thought he could keep up with the top 3...

Hey he's still better than all those Toro Rosso's ... but seriously... stop at your peak.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Any F1 fans on here?

Possibly. :lol:

I like to watch races on Youtube from the 90's.

Some would argue that early 90's Formula 1 (pre-Imola '94) as good as it will ever be from a pure racing perspective. There were some seriously sexy beasts on the starting grid back then.

I can catch the first half of the season up until Hungary, after that I have to read about it.

If you're a F1 fan on the internet. There's PLENTY of ways to catch the races live. Look around, you'll be able to find the UK feed pretty easily. It's infinitely better than anything SPEED offers here in the US.

From what I've read, Sebastian Vettel has been phenomenal the past 4 races, I wonder if he'll get a 3rd straight world championship? Too early to tell?

Drivers Championship might go all the way down to the final round. Depends on whether or not Alonso can keep Vettel behind this weekend.

Constructors Championship is all but over after this Sunday. Had Massa done better during the first half of the season, Ferrari would have possibly had a chance to take this to the final race of the season. But it's pretty much a done deal that Red Bull wins the Constructors this year.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
Vettel has been perfect this season, but the car has been so good again this season that he has just driven from the front into the distance.

My favourite race this season was Montreal, Canada. *NO SPOILERS* Definitely one to watch!

Red Bull lost their technical advantage from last season which was the blown diffuser, however, Adrian Newey and his team in the UK have continued to provide a dominating car.

I think there has been an announcement about a new formula for next year, with smaller engines. Perhaps it will change things although the development costs will hit the small teams hardest.

As much as I dislike the insidious financial aspect of F1, I can't seem to enjoy any other formula half as much. :D

What are your thoughts on Ayerton Senna?

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Been following the F1 since... well, since I can remember for 2 reasons. I love cars, and I'm always up early, so it gives me something to watch sunday mornings :rofl:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Not much of a race fan here, but formula one beats the hell out of a continuous left circle. Any road course beats nascar IMO.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Well that was a boring race. :lol:

Glad the final rounds of this season are actually going to mean something.

Bodes

Reaction score
Actually, Melbourne GP starts in just under 4 hours time.

What a shit day yesterday. Bright, sunny lunch and bugger all on track time due to the rain.

I was soaked through by the time they announced no more qualifying.

Made me a bit miserable at last night's Ensiferum concert! (probably a nit damp smelling too!)

Hopefully Grosjean can burst through the pack and take out Hamilton and Vettel!

TheDuatAwaits

Dreaming of Ur
Reaction score
Actually, Melbourne GP starts in just under 4 hours time.

What a shit day yesterday. Bright, sunny lunch and bugger all on track time due to the rain.

I was soaked through by the time they announced no more qualifying.

Made me a bit miserable at last night's Ensiferum concert! (probably a nit damp smelling too!)

Hopefully Grosjean can burst through the pack and take out Hamilton and Vettel!

Really? I thought it was 4 hours too, but my cable company says an hour. :lol:

Yeah, I'd like to see Vettel get wrecked too, much better than him winning all the time.

Bodes

Reaction score
Even after Red Bull Racing made a fix for Webber's shitty starts, he still can't get off the line.

Fantastic to see Raikkonen win. He certainly deserves all the good that comes his way.

indrangelion

You guys are funny
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Vettel/Webber debacle earlier?

Personally, I think Vettel was being an ass. Stealing an easy victory after the team asked the guys to take it easy for the home stretch.

thesnowdog

Reaction score
Webber should've shown Vettel that there's several reasons not to act like that and if the more sophisticated of them escape him then there's always the knowledge that the bigger bloke will kick your arse.

But Mark is too 'nice' for such brutish displays.

Bodes

Reaction score
Vettel was a moron. Mark has stayed behind Vettel on a few occasions for the "best outcome for the team".

They were both told to turn down their engine output to conserve their engines, then both should have done it.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Vettel certainly is a great driver, but now the world will see him as a CHILDISH racer.

Congrats Mark! Well done.

')