Formula One thread

• Thread starter TheDuatAwaits
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Oh and lol at it being a 68 lap race because of that model chick, and the stewards who totally let that happen...

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Okay, the Aero is officially becoming a problem when the Canadian GP, even with a 3rd DRS zone basically has no overtaking. Pretty boring and uneventful race after the start, top 3 team domination again, and the 1 stop becoming the default for most teams is really not helping.

With that said, I guess it's good to see Max actually finish another race and on the podium no less. (thought the first few turns scrapping with Bottas might have been the end of it)

Speaking of Bottas, I kinda feel bad for him, he's like the best 2nd place driver out there, seems like either pace or luck are against him at all times, and he showed he could defend today where it counted.

Alonso...that's just sad, another DNF because of the damn car. If he wins in LeMans, would not be surprised to see him ditch F1 for Indy.

Pretty boring races for LH and Ricc, the only thing that switched it up was pit strategy.

Seems like between the Aero issues and the tire/fuel management these races are perhaps doomed to be a bit boring...
I had great expectation for the canadian GP, since last year (well most years) was great.
The 2011 GP was the GREATEST thing ever, but yeah, this one was boring like Monaco.

Max needs to win at least 2 races if he wants to be a contender, but the next few are Ferrari/Merc territory.
Looking forward to France, I remember the last one in 2008 at Magny Cours and it was great.
Hopefully Paul Ricard can give us some serious show.

Bottas kicked Ham butt this weekend, if he manages to win a couple of races and place on the podium with the consistency he has, I see him beating LH this year.

Alonso, my man, too much unlucky and that McLaren just isn't cutting.......so bummed for him.

The Aero is a problem, but we had great races this year....the cars are too "track sensitive" and the added weight of the Halo (really, the overall weight of the cars) isn't helping.
LH was drifting at almost every corner, as if the car is too big for these corners; next year is all another story, but I don't know how much of a difference will it be.
At least they'll have more fuel.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Oh and lol at it being a 68 lap race because of that model chick, and the stewards who totally let that happen...
It would've been a catastrophe if Max overtook Bottas at the 70th lap, because the classification used is taken from the lap before; wasn't the girl's falut, just wrong infos from the stewards.
Pretty funny to hear Seb on the radio with "the race isn't over" haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I agree with Vettel. Every year has bad races and good races. Canada 2015 was pretty shockingly boring.

The cars being unable to follow is clearly a problem, but Frank Dernie is pretty well convinced the problem is that the tyres are good giving very short braking distances. It's very clear watching a car on new vs old tyres; no matter how close they are in the previous corner the fresher tyres can pull up a lot quicker. See: Red Bulls in China.

SD83

Reaction score
Interesting news. A year or so ago, when they were still working with McLaren, I would have considered that a horribly bad idea, but it seems to have worked for Torro Rosso for some reason, so... it might be good? Would be great to see three teams competing for the championship for some years to come.

r33per

Reaction score
Also, Alonso won Le Mans 24hrs, so it's all on for the Indy 500 for the next few years I imagine.
Yeah, totally. More F1 championships - perhaps even podium top spots - has passed him by, I think. Get Indy 500, get the Indy championship and the WRC - that might actually be achievable for Fernando.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
That was a much better race than I was anticipating, not just for Seb and Valtteri. Some good scraps and interesting to the end.

I think it's kinda strange that Seb keeps causing accidents where he damages another car more than his own and finishes clearly above it. This is made worse by getting driver of the day by ruining Bottas' race.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
That was a much better race than I was anticipating, not just for Seb and Valtteri. Some good scraps and interesting to the end.

I think it's kinda strange that Seb keeps causing accidents where he damages another car more than his own and finishes clearly above it. This is made worse by getting driver of the day by ruining Bottas' race.
5 seconds was nothing as a penalty, but he clearly made a mistake.
Awesome start though.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Just when you think Hamilton is loosing steam he jumps right back up. He definitely is one of the greats of our time. Rooting for Ferrari though to finally get a title, it has been some time since the last one.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Just when you think Hamilton is loosing steam he jumps right back up. He definitely is one of the greats of our time. Rooting for Ferrari though to finally get a title, it has been some time since the last one.
People don't like Lewis "persona", the way he present himself. (He is corny sometimes lol)
Anybody that say he is not one of the greatest, doesn't deserve to watch F1