Formula One thread

• Thread starter TheDuatAwaits
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
We're off!

In a response to both of your posts, my friend lets me borrow his Sky Go account when we aren't watching a race together and it's not on BBC. FPs and Qualis mostly. So Sky lets you get all the timing in their app. Secondly, we never watch Sky when it's on BBC, and we often tune into BBC later on for the better commentary from Coulthard and Jordan.

Bernie needs to give the reigns to someone who cares about the sport and the audience, and ideally, someone who understands anything about the internet.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Bottas could be out after injuring his back in Q2. Susie Wolff is their reserve driver, so she could get the start.

Manor won't run this weekend after not participating in Practice or Quali.

Kobalt

Reaction score
That Toro Rosso seems pretty fast, Junior starting from 8th for his debut, pretty cool.

WTF1 said, statistically, if McLaren were to finish the race tomorrow, they would do so....four laps behind. OUCH! :lol:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
BDPVpOH.jpg

I don't understand how Honda got it so wrong. Those are slow times by last year's standards. Now please post your favourite McLaren Honda jokes below:

McLaren Honda lock out in Melbourne. They forgot to account for Australia being upside down.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Soooo. Both Saubers finish in the points.

Considering how their season went last year, all the off-track nonsense that led up to the GP this weekend with them. Well deserved. :yesway:

Kobalt

Reaction score
Now that RBR has no chance of winning with their current Renault engine. Horner wants the FIA to turn Formula 1 into IndyCar for the good of the show.

Red Bull urges FIA to act on Mercedes domination | F1 news | Motorsport.com
It's funny how things work, right? You didn't see them complaining when they were the ones completely dominating for four years in a row - none of the others around them as well, they were leading fair and square. Now they are the ones losing and suddenly it isn't fair?

:noplease:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'd like to feel bad for RBR for having such a terrible engine, when they've got such good drivers and probably a great chassis, but Horner has been such a cry baby lately. At least last year he was laughing it off about Merc's dominance and making the most of it, but all winter it's been one thing after the other between trying to go back to V8s, or change the aero and engine formula, or ban wind tunnels.

shadscbr

Reaction score
I agree, of all people to be crying. I think Adrian Newey's exhaust diffuser gave Horner a false sense of entitlement. Now that advantage is gone, and he wants to quit :noplease:

Shad

Kobalt

Reaction score
I agree, of all people to be crying. I think Adrian Newey's exhaust diffuser gave Horner a false sense of entitlement. Now that advantage is gone, and he wants to quit :noplease:

Shad
RIGHT?!

It's much harder to work your way up than to be on top... Boo hoo. :noplease:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
In NASCAR, there's a saying: "Move the endzones when someone is stinking up the show".

So what you're saying is we should start the Red Bulls two laps down now that Horner is having a hissy fit?

I saw a tweet along the lines of not complaining about your engine in "Motor Racing".

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
So what you're saying is we should start the Red Bulls two laps down now that Horner is having a hissy fit?

I saw a tweet along the lines of not complaining about your engine in "Motor Racing".

In the NASCAR analogy, the entire grid would start 2 laps ahead of Mercedes. :lol:

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Ferrari and Williams aren't the ones whining!

This has nothing to do with whining. Its got to do with a team that's "ruining the show".

Try this. In BTCC or WTCC, what happens to the car when you start winning? NASCAR saying means the exact same thing.

BTW, I'm glad both McLaren and Ferrari are being so sporting about this. It'd be nice if everyone followed their lead. Everyone's job for this season is now to find a way to catch up to the Mercs. Not try to politic their way back up onto the podium.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
...and this is new to F1 how, exactly? It's always about politics.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with whining. Its got to do with a team that's "ruining the show".

Try this. In BTCC or WTCC, what happens to the car when you start winning? NASCAR saying means the exact same thing.

BTW, I'm glad both McLaren and Ferrari are being so sporting about this. It'd be nice if everyone followed their lead. Everyone's job for this season is now to find a way to catch up to the Mercs. Not try to politic their way back up onto the podium.

Oh yeah, I know, I just mean to joke that Horner's complaining is stinking up the show more than Mercedes...

Anyway, yeah, Ferrari seem to be taking it well because this Arrivabene guy seems to be understanding of the work Ferrari are doing and want to help things get better, and McLaren only have Honda to be angry about.

I think I might even be starting to like Ferrari over Arrivabene, plus humble Vettel.

')