Fortin 33 Meshuggah signature pedal

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hearing more low mids in the P drive. 33 has more high end twang. About what I expected from both.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
the 33 is way more up my street!. Sounds great!
Anyone running a 33 and a Grind?. Wonder how these 2 compare?. Or...work together :O

theFraz

Reaction score
can't wait... it's my first boost pedal ever

MrYakob

Reaction score
This thing sounds pretty rad, but honestly the part that gets me the most is the channel switching. What a brilliant idea, I wonder how hard this would be to mod in other boost pedals?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It must be a feature that Mike thought people would like. I can't imagine Fredrik and Marten would get much use out of that feature, given the Fortin Meshuggah amp is single-channel.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
also, has anyone got both the 33 now and the Grind?!?!

Wana hear how it might sound running into both at the same time haha
I got my Fortin 33 last night. Also own a Grind and a hand wired Fortin Facepunch. I was playing with the 33 and a Rabid Mammal last night. Maybe I will try chaining the grind, 33 and facepunch together tonight

lewis

Reaction score
I got my Fortin 33 last night. Also own a Grind and a hand wired Fortin Facepunch. I was playing with the 33 and a Rabid Mammal last night. Maybe I will try chaining the grind, 33 and facepunch together tonight
yeah doesnt even need to have maxed gain on all them. Just a balanced signal taking on the character of all of them. I imagine it would sound sick

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Once again preferred the 33. Significantly noisier, but god those chugs sounded fucking huge.

bhakan

Reaction score
This thing sounds pretty rad, but honestly the part that gets me the most is the channel switching. What a brilliant idea, I wonder how hard this would be to mod in other boost pedals?
It would be a super easy mod as long as there's room for the jack. All your typical amp switcher does is complete the circuit between the tip and sleeve. I'm pretty sure all you would need to do is solder one end of the jack to one pole of the DPDT footswitch, and then two others to a toggle switch (so you could decide which channel is on when the pedal is on and connect that to the other end of the jack. It's basically an input jack, mini toggle, and 4 pieces of wire.

lewis

Reaction score
pair it with an ISP and you get an unreal boost. It does sound better to my ears than the PD and that takes some real doing. Mike does it again.

lewis

Reaction score
I'm tempted! Seriously want to hear what it's like through an EVH 5150 III Stealth, have a feeling it would be absolutely obscene.
omg it would be amazing with a stealth......
I say do it. If you dislike one of them you could sell for great money still given they are a high end product and it would be basically brand new still. Could probably get like 80% of your money back.

Pretty safe investment. Worst case scenario you dont lose all your money and sell one if it disappoints, best case scenario you run two Fortin pedals together infront of one of the best sounding high gain amps on the market currently and reach a state of tonally obliterating heaven.

p.s you will need noise gates haha

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
omg it would be amazing with a stealth......
I say do it. If you dislike one of them you could sell for great money still given they are a high end product and it would be basically brand new still. Could probably get like 80% of your money back.

Pretty safe investment. Worst case scenario you dont lose all your money and sell one if it disappoints, best case scenario you run two Fortin pedals together infront of one of the best sounding high gain amps on the market currently and reach a state of tonally obliterating heaven.

p.s you will need noise gates haha

You make a very good point... Hold out for a Zuul and a Grind/33? :lol:

Reaction score
hey guys, im really interested in the schematic of this beast...

could someone be so kind and open up his 33 and take pictures of the front and the back of the pcb?
I'll gift you some cookies or whatever, but i'd love to see the inside :)

Thx alot!

')