Found a 7 string P90 at last

• Thread starter blues-core
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blues-core

Reaction score
Last night I was looking a the Swineshead site and decided to throw them an email to see if they were planning on doing a 7 string version of their SH90 (a humbucker sized P90). This is the reply I got:

Thanks for the email. The SH90 is available for 7 string and is called the SH97. It hasn't been officially released yet as we don't have the photos sorted but it is available to buy from the link below:

Swineshead Pickups - Online Shop - Plastic 7 String Singlecoils

It costs £54.95 in black

Looking at the link they also are starting to do several other single coils for 7-strings, they also are available in lots of colours (no word on the wooden versions yet).

Planning to get a SH97 in glow-in-the-dark for the neck of my S7320 tomorrow, will report back on how it sounds and hopefully get a couple of clips as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe Guitars has been making custom 7-string P-90s for a while. I think Jim Soloway got some of the first ones.

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe Guitars has been making custom 7-string P-90s for a while. I think Jim Soloway got some of the first ones.
so has Jason Lollar, 7-string P90s with a blade polepiece, and Soloway has used those as well. but i can see that these UK-made ones would be easier and cheaper for the original poster who's in the UK.

i wonder if/when the Duncan custom shop might be able to make those P90 humbuckers that Frank Falbo demoed for six strings....

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
When they first came out, i asked Frank about the possibility of a 7-string Custom Shop version, and he said he'd love to do it, but with the custom bobbins and blades (which Duncan currently doesn't have in 7-string size) it might be costly because of the amount of custom fabrication it would take (or at the very least, cutting two six-string ones and joining them together into the wider format).

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
...with the custom bobbins and blades (which Duncan currently doesn't have in 7-string size) it might be costly....
too bad, but understandable.

the lower price was part of the attraction of the Lollars for me--they were surprisingly reasonable when i checked a few years back, well under $90 US per pickup. i bet they'd sound great in a 7-string Tele! :)

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody tried their 7 string single coils?

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Im bumping this thread for a good enough reason. no flak please.

the links from swines head dont work.

and the lollar and vintage vibe sites dont have any info on the pups

i shot some emails off a few weeks ago and ive recieved nothing. Has anyone gotten a 7 string p90?

any new news?

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I believe that ohio_eric has a set of P90s. From whom he got them escapes me, however. :scratch:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IIRC Eric's are from Vintage Vibe. I had a set of custom wound humbucker-sized six string P90s from VV. Pete is awesome to deal with and does great work.

')