Found a deal on an amp and line 6 rack, oppinion?

• Thread starter jimbean5006
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jimbean5006

Reaction score
i found a bugera 333xl head and line 6 pod xt rack version. I can get both for a steal for 500-700. this will be my first tube amp so i didnt think it was a bad choice to start with. should i buy them both or just the bugera?

the line 6 xt was going for 200 obo
the bugera halfstack was going for 600 ob for the whole halfstack

im getting an orange cab so the bugera cab will be gone anyway

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jimbean5006

Reaction score
500 seems like a pretty dood deal considering the head alone is 550 new. just looking for some biased feedback

kn1feparty

Guitarded
Reaction score
So your plan is to run the XT Pro through the loop of the Bugera for effects? Do you have a foot controller for the POD?

fassaction

Reaction score
What kind of music are playing? I have a 333xl infinium....not a bad sounding amp at all. Its pretty versatile, but you are definitely going to have to take some time to dial it in. If you have some laying around, you might want to swap in a set of 6L6 tubes. The el34 tubes are great for hard rock, but it you want more bite, you might want to consider swapping them.

I like the amp.....but I like having more control. I use my RP1000 in the 4CM through the Bugera, and just use it as a power amp for now. I cant stand toe tapping with 15 pedals on the ground.

TheProgWay

Reaction score
I used to own both things you mentioned.

Its not a good deal if these are old Bugeras. The infiniums sounds good, the old ones are just ok, they go used locally for around $300. Rack XT is a good processor. If its infinium, go for it. If not, then you should save up for a 5150 or a 6505+, they pop up locally every now and then for a couple hundred bucks more than the Bugera.

Also, why are you getting both a tube amp and a modeller w/ fx? I'm guessing you'll use pod for FX only? If this is the case, get the 5150/6505+ and a used GMajor (used go for ~ 150 all the time). This set up will cost you around $650 and will be worth every penny.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
How in the hell can you get a 5150/6505+ PLUS an effects processor for $650? You can't even find a used 5150/6505+ for that much from what I've seen.

TheProgWay

Reaction score
How in the hell can you get a 5150/6505+ PLUS an effects processor for $650? You can't even find a used 5150/6505+ for that much from what I've seen.

serious dude? I have seen the heads go on sale here and locally all the time for 500 or lesser!

jimbean5006

Reaction score
sorry guys i meant bugera 333 (6l tubes) the XL uses el34's as he mentioned above. the guy wouldnt come off the price of the bugera i wanted, it was too close to a brand new price. i figured eff that and just buy new one and not risk getting one with the faulty clip.

')