Four new live videos by Exsanguination (Naren's band of doom and despair)

• Thread starter Naren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Well, it's been quite a while since I've posted any live videos. We had a gig last night and we had it filmed. The sound is decent, I guess. These videos are pretty cool, I think, but in actually there were a ton of problems. The two main causes of problems were A. That I had woken up with both nostrils stuffed up and my throat sore, so I was taking powdered cold medicine up until the show, and B. that the monitors barely let us hear any instruments other than our own which explains why I'm generally staring at the other guitarist or the bass player most of the time. :lol:

We embedded all these videos on our myspace: MySpace.com - Exsanguination - JP - Metal / Thrash / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/exsanguinationthrash

but here are the direct YouTube vids.

Sea of Greed (the brutal 2008 version - as opposed to the 2007 version I posted last year):

Reaching For The Heavens:

Blind:

Witness The End (the only video, I think, where you can really tell that I have a cold :lol:):

We played a total of 7 songs in our setlist, but these 4 videos had the best sound out of the 7. We got another show next week and we're gonna make sure they get the monitors right that time. Me and the other guitarist referred to what we were doing as "guessing" at where we are in the song. :lol:

Hope you enjoy these videos! Despite the problems, it was a pretty fun show.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet stuff man - pretty nice audio too. Try adding "&fmt=18" to the end of your video links as that will load up the high quality videos.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Sweet stuff man - pretty nice audio too. Try adding "&fmt=18" to the end of your video links as that will load up the high quality videos.

I didn't know you could embed the high quality versions. I thought you had to click the "view high quality" button to do that. :shrug:

It does look better in high quality, though, considering how insanely dark it was. The other guitarist said, "I tried to see the fretboard as hard as I could, but that didn't really help. All my solos were played in the dark." Me: "My solos consisted of 'educated guessing' at where the frets were." :lol:

(I didn't add "&fmt=18" because generally when you edit a YouTube link on ss.org, it changed from an embedded video to a link to YouTube instead)

Glad you liked it. :metal:

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
Cool! :hbang: I wanted to make it to that gig but Im gonna try to make it next weekend to Shinjuku Uruga.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Cool! :hbang: I wanted to make it to that gig but Im gonna try to make it next weekend to Shinjuku Uruga.

Sweet. :metal: Let me know beforehand whether you can probably make it or not. :cool:

The videos we posted above were from the first time we've ever played at that place. I dunno if the monitors were just bad for us or for everyone, but we've actually played at Shinjuku Uruga several times before and our monitors have been great each time (probably sometimes even better than the house speakers. :lol:), so it should be a better show than this past Saturday.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Cthuhlu approves, I am sure. :hbang:

For the most part, yeah, but I mean... dude... I just got a scathing letter from him last night where he derided our performance as that "of a group of shothoth slaves." He did mention, however, that Nyarlathotep is a big fan of "Haunter Of The Dark" and just wanted to pass that along. He also mentioned shortly at the end that he owns all of our albums and has recorded most of our live shows.

It's hard to please him, I'll tell ya.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just came across this now.
Pretty good stuff dude:hbang:

Makes me really wanna hear what else SS.Org members can crank out, some real talent on this forum board:metal:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool vids, Naren. :metal: Sounds pretty good. I really dig those vocals too. :hbang:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Ooh, thread resurrection!

As an update, the Shinjuku Uruga show was like 10x better than this show, although they did cut our set short. But the guitar and bass tones were a lot better, the mix was a zillion times better (I could hear everything perfectly), we were able to go crazy and thrash and head bang (which I for one couldn't do in these videos because I was struggling to hear the other instruments), and we managed the whole show without any mistakes (none that I noticed, at least). I didn't have a cold at that show either, so my vocals were a lot better. :cool:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Which songs did you play for Shinjuku Uruga?

The set list was reduced from our planned 7 songs to just 5 (at Crescendo, we were able to play all 7).

We played (in this order): Haunter Of The Dark, Sea Of Greed, Reaching For The Heavens, Bled Dry, and Witness The End.

Right now we're recording a demo with all of those songs listed above except Bled Dry (unfortunately, considering that's one of my top 3 favorites out of our songs. It's also the hardest song to play live, along with Demigod. :p).

Latest posts

')