Fractal Announces AxeFx AX8 Floorboard With Amps & Effects - $1399

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beuargh

Reaction score
From fractal audio. com,

"AX8 is expected to begin shipping Q4 2015.
Retail price $1399.95

To be notified in the US/Canada, send an email with the subject "Waitlist Request - AX8" (or something to that effect) to.waitlist@fractalaudio.com.

For other regions, please contact.your local Fractal Audio Systems Dealer."

How long do you think Europe will have to wait ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
So It's been a few months and I haven't heard one single review, or one decent high gain youtube clip from anyone.

After all that hype, what's the deal?

mikah912

Reaction score
So It's been a few months and I haven't heard one single review, or one decent high gain youtube clip from anyone.

Uh...isn't it just a cheaper, more limited Axe-FX? Same models, same algorithms, same cabs....just can't do as much at the same time.

We know what it sounds like. The lack of reviews is because the lack of movement on their waiting list. Six months out, they are still on day one. Granted, they seem to be picking up momentum, but it also appears they are going to hit a wall once again soon.

The Fractal store is currently out of stock of pretty much everything, and that recent shipment of AX8s will be exhausted soon.

They're a tiny, tiny company. That's just how it is.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
yeah. things are moving really slow. i signed up second day for the waitlist at noon. they are still at 7pm, first day.

but that happened when the axe2 came out. no hurries for me.

wakjob

Reaction score
Waiting list? pffft

Why not just pay $2500 for one now off of ebay? :nuts:

Elric

Reaction score

Go to YouTube. Type: Ax8 Mark Day
In the search field.

mikah912

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd consider Mark Day even remotely "modern" high gain. He's an 80s baby like myself, so a lot of his Axe-Fx clips are hair metal covers using the Friedman HBE model. Totally in my wheelhouse...but I'm 42.

There is definitely a lack of AX8 modern/prog metal. There are a huge number of Axe-Fx II clips of it, but almost all of it is from 10 or 15 firmwares ago. Very little Quantum 1 or 2.0 material to parse. But it's an Axe-Fx....whatever firmware it's running, I'm sure it sounds great for that stuff.

lewis

Reaction score
haha these stupid debates are like Marvel vs DC or Ps4 vs Xbox One

I love Marvel and DC and I own both consoles....so basically I have a better life because the time I save by NOT pointlessly complaining about the opposite thing to my purchase, I instead use enjoying both.

If I had the Money I would buy an Axe to go with my Kemper Rack and use both. Same applies for the Helix. All are obviously amazing products. Debating that is utterly pathetic

')