Fractal FX-8

• Thread starter Splinterhead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Fucking finally.

EDIT: I wonder if it's solely for effects, though? Probably me reading too muc into things.

EDIT2:

arWs0xu.png

l6Bq07g.png

Yup. FX only.

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know the cost? I was waiting for something like this. I would rather keep real amps around.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Wowzers!

I still am hoping for a rack effect only unit as I don't like having $3K sitting on the floor.

Anyhow looks neat!

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Fractal saw Fredrik is getting a signature head and acted quickly, but colour me excited, I really want to have a multi effects where everything is programmable in any order, the pod 500 was okay at this but it didn't really work for bass.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks really cool, just hoping it's not exorbitantly expensive ($2200 for the Axe-II, $750 for the MFC-101 just to switch the Axe... so where would this fall price-wise if it only has 1 DSP and half of the switches from the MFC?) as I could see it being huge as long as it's reasonably affordable. :agreed: I could see pairing up one of these with the Kemper, especially for folks like myself who love the amp profiling of the Kemper but find the effects a little lacking compared to the Fractal offerings! :D

twizza

Social Assassin
Reaction score
I hope (though it's unlikely, I know) that one of the effects blocks could be used to load IRs.

Omura

Reaction score
I've been looking at picking up a nova system, but I thought it was getting quite old... If the price is right. fractal will have my money. This looks fantastic

Kristianx510

Reaction score
I love the idea, but I'm holding my judgement until an official release. Mainly because we don't know the price.

witeter

Reaction score
Dig it-could see it pairing nicely with my EVH; but its all price dependant, i will wait till then...