Fractal products exclusively for FX processing, questions...

• Thread starter odibrom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, fellows, I've been on the lookout for an FM3 (or FM9 if the price is right) in the used market for a good price tag, but recently, an AXE FX 2 Mark 2 XL surfaced for what I believe to be an interesting price - 750€ and is super local, like beside my parents' home.

The purpose is to connect these via the 4Cable Method with my Triaxis and Synergy Syn5050 power amp in my 4 unit rack.

Signal chain should be:
1 - Guitar into Fractal product for pre FXs
2 - Fractal loop out into Triaxis INPUT
3 - Triaxis LOOP OUT back into the Fractal LOOP RETURN
4 - Fractal STEREO OUTPUT into Triaxis' STEREO LOOP RETURN
5 - Triasis' STEREO OUTPPUT into Synergy's STEREO INPUT
6 - Synergy's CAB OUTs into 2x Torpedo Captors to then rout the signal into the Audio Interface or guitar cabs.

This is to go on my 4 unit RACK, either the FM3 or the AXE FX 2 XL and replace the TC-Electronic G-Force that is now in use.

What I'm looking at when comparing these is, but no specific order, but those highlighted are important to me.:
- Weight
- FX grid layout - how many FX blocks by FX blocks
- FX routing paths
- Number of same FX instances
- I'm assuming both are FULL MIDI CONTROLABLE
- Both are computer editable...
- Looper? Like the Boss RC pedals.
- Number of Inputs. I think the FM3 only has 1 input while the AXE2 Mark 2 XL has 2 Inputs This is interesting for I can then separate my guitars' magnetic pickups and Piezos' signals in different signal processing paths.
- Direct recording and reamping via USB (defeats the need for a later reamp box).
- Sound quality - AD/DA conversion? Noise floor... and so on...
- heat resistance (heat from other gear)...

Pros and Cons from each? What does your experience say?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')