Framus Cobra Speaker/Cabinet Options

RuxinCaldwell

Reaction score
Hey guys! I seek some Framus Cobra owner knowledge. I haven't been liking the sound I've been getting out from it lately and I believe my cabinet and speaker option may be the culprit. The only cab I have right now is a Mesa Traditional 4x12 with Vintage 30's and the amp is not cooperating with my cabinet at all. The mid knob seems to add only low mids, and if turned up anywhere near 12:00, the low end becomes muddy, and the mids are honky. The high end is also harsh. I have to keep my deep knob basically off, and the bass on the Lead Channel at 9:00 or the amp becomes to muddy even with the mids set at just 12:00.

My question is, will the Cobra cab solve my problems? Are there any other cabinets/speaker options that pairs good with the Cobra? I have never owned a cabinet with Greenbacks. I've always bought V30 speakers because all of my favorite artists use them in the studio, but it seems like a lot of people don't like V30's live and complain about some of the things I've listed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Angus Clark

Reaction score
Whilst I don't own a Cobra myself, every demo I've heard of the amp of a metal tone points toward the Crunch channel being the superior option for such uses. Also, are you using a boost in front of the amp? A tubescreamer type pedal with the Volume up and the gain down in front of a high gain amp almost always helps clear up the low end.

RuxinCaldwell

Reaction score
Yes I am using a Maxon OD808. I have EMG 81 loaded guitars as well. The problem I'm having doesn't really just have to do with the lead channel, but the whole amp voicing with V30 speakers it seems.