Free album "Chemical" (Distorted slap basses, Progressive, Bass solo's, Depth)

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Hello folks!

I tried to challenge myself to mostly only use my bass on this album. The bass even replaces the "normal" guitar slots left and right. At harsher parts I used distorted slap bass to give the whole album an unique sound. There's tons of loud and subtle melodies hidden everywhere to make it sound rich and to add depth. Don't forget to check out that cool solo by Janosch from Sophies Earthquake on Dysprosium!

Thank you and enjoy! Tell me what you think :)

Tracks:
1) White Phosphorus
2) Lanthanum
3) Lithium
4) Promethium
5) Combustion
6) Dysprosium (With guest guitar solo by Janosch from Sophies Earthquake)
7) Chemical
8) Cold as liquid nitrogen (Bonus track with vox)

Bandcamp link:
Chemical | Caynug

Album art:
a4000524445_10.jpg

If you are interested, you can follow my work on:
Facebook - facebook.com/caynug
Bandcamp - caynug.bandcamp.com
Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/caynug
Youtube - youtube.com/user/caynug

I would love to hear what you guys think! Thank you alot for your time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
Aww, bumped your own thread :( I'll give it a spin, bro.

Nats

Reaction score
Can't really get into it. It has that goofy tone synonymous with djent that I just don't like. It's killing my buzz.

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Can't really get into it. It has that goofy tone synonymous with djent that I just don't like. It's killing my buzz.

Arr, oh well maybe the tone shape is just not sounding good at all on your sound setup or to your ears, that's okay tho! Thank you for taking your time to check it out!

Reaction score
Hey man just wanted to throw in my opinion. I listened to a couple tracks and it just seems that I can't get hooked by that one. I don't know if it's really the tone like the other poster said, but I think the composition's not interesting enough. Distorted slap bass, progressive, bass solo, depth... I'm all for this but I can't find what I expected to find. There's distorted bass, but the "slap" is either non-apparent or non-existent; as for the bass solos, maybe I didn't listen to the song which had one. I went there because you made expectations, but this didn't meet them. Sorry.

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Hey man just wanted to throw in my opinion. I listened to a couple tracks and it just seems that I can't get hooked by that one. I don't know if it's really the tone like the other poster said, but I think the composition's not interesting enough. Distorted slap bass, progressive, bass solo, depth... I'm all for this but I can't find what I expected to find. There's distorted bass, but the "slap" is either non-apparent or non-existent; as for the bass solos, maybe I didn't listen to the song which had one. I went there because you made expectations, but this didn't meet them. Sorry.

Sorry that it did not meet your expectations, there's 2 bass solos (lanthanum, white phosphorus) an acoustic solo (if I can call it one) on lithium and one guitar solo (dysprosium) all distorted bass is played slapped and some tapped, so it's distorted slap bass everywhere. Combustion starts with clean slap bass and the songs have depth you can't deny the tons of melodic layers that are in there...

I'm still thankful that you took your time to listen to this and actually wrote what you think! Thank you for that man :metal:

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
I understand that some people can't get into this, but I thoroughly enjoyed this my friend. Songs are so deep they give me goosebumps. Production is the bomb, as well as your overall sound.

Would buy.

Rizzo

Reaction score
I like it! Seems like a nice background music for a road trip

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I liked it! And that's a hell of a bass tone you've got going on. :yesway:

Guthrielicious

Reaction score
I think it's pretty sweet although not haha. I'll try to explain, but this is of course only my perspective. The elements in the songs are quite nice really and the production is also pretty good, but I miss some focus melodies from either guitar/vox/violin/whatever. I also miss a climax in almost every song (the 3 I've heard).

It sounds good though and this is just what I want, not you. Rock on dude :hbang:

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I liked Lithium because the latter half it reminded me vaguely of Methadrones music but the remainder of the album failed to hold my attention.

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
I think it's pretty sweet although not haha. I'll try to explain, but this is of course only my perspective. The elements in the songs are quite nice really and the production is also pretty good, but I miss some focus melodies from either guitar/vox/violin/whatever. I also miss a climax in almost every song (the 3 I've heard).

It sounds good though and this is just what I want, not you. Rock on dude :hbang:

Try out Promethium, the end is a big climax with a drumsolo and moshpit math riffing :D

Thanks for the kind comments and feedback guys!

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
The remixing and remastering process has begun, much bigger sound than before!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/caynug/caynug-dysprosium-remaster[/SC]

soon avaible as new re-release :)

shawnperolis

7 String Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
The remixing and remastering process has begun, much bigger sound than before!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/caynug/caynug-dysprosium-remaster[/SC]

soon avaible as new re-release :)

Dude that is heavy as hell

Reaction score
I'm digging the remix man. That's one heavy tone. I'm by no means great, in fact you are much better than I. I think what some people are looking for that is missing, is that explosive moment when everything lets loose. I usually try to look at song writing as building and releasing tension. Maybe the consistent feeling your music has is what you are going for. Heavy and sludgy and you just can't escape. I like it, but the release is the moment I think some of the people are looking for.

Just some constructive criticism! Still better than I could have done!

(Didn't realize someone said almost the same thing a few posts up lol)

Latest posts

')