Free Alt-Rock EP (through Zinky Blue Velvet 25w )

jaco815

Reaction score
I give to you my brand new EP, titled "Smoke Yes, Drink Yes".

Smoke Yes Drink Yes | Smoke Yes Drink Yes

My friend Nicholas Spangler wrote these songs years ago with some old bandmates of his and wanted to revisit them and try to do them up right. It was originally intended as a tongue-in-cheek nod to the Strokes but once I got involved the songs went in a more serious direction and emerged as something to really stand on their own.

Nicholas sent me DI guitar files which I re-amped through a friend's Zinky Blue Velvet 25w combo amp, mic'd with an AKG P200 and a Shure Beta58.

183874_10151318697611177_1307863069_n.jpg

That amp is awesome. Beautiful Fender clean sounds with a great drive channel and sparkling spring reverb.

Most of the album has four tracks of guitar going simultaneously (one doubled rhythm track panned outside, a second more melodic part doubled and panned inside). This gives a big vibe while still leaving room for vocals right in the center.

I had a lot of fun working on this and would love some feedback on the mix.

p.s. If anyone is interested in recording vocals for this, p.m. me some of your work and we'll talk about it. We are looking for vocals in the style of the Strokes, Taking Back Sunday, Death Cab, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')