Free EP - "Poise" Prog/Groove/Metal - The Compass Effect

• Thread starter Radicz0r
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Radicz0r

Worst Dude
Reaction score
Hey guys! I released my EP a couple of days ago, and figured i'd share it here, hope you like it!

It's a concept album, which tells a story, you can learn more in the release notes after the download. For any questions or suggestions, just post it here, i'll be around ;)

Thanks in advance! :hbang:

The Compass Effect - Poise (2012).rar
www.facebook.com/thecompasseffect

382020_496350430388165_1954025079_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeleopard

Reaction score
Could you put these on a Soundcloud or a Bandcamp so I can listen before I download? :)

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Can't download it. Just put them all on SoundCloud or something and you'll actually get someone to listen to your stuff. (Not to sound like a dick, but it's not many people out of 10 who want to download stuff they haven't even heard a second of) :)

jesman

ss.org Unusual
Reaction score
I listened to it now!

In the beginning I thought "well, this will rock!". I really liked the first minute of "Sedative", but then I found that musical change at 1:21 a bit too radical, I was maybe expecting something else and it might also be just my tastes.
The bass is very loud and maybe too much in that track, too. If you compare it with "A Chance Encounter", it seems like the bass is missing there. :S

Some riffs sound very trippy and story fitting, I very much love the beginning of "The Celestine Artifact" for example. But at :55 seconds in that song, it takes the wrong turn songwriting wise, IMO.

I like the attempt in general and also the idea, but I somehow don't like the realization. I also didn't actually get the plot :(
This might not be the best type of music to accompany a thrilling story. It just doesn't fit with the orchestral parts for me. :S
A concept with such a story is hard to make and I'm not sure if people are patient enough to listen to the whole thing, even if there are some nice sections in it.

To me it seems that you tried to do a bit too much for your first album.
Keep it smoother next time and concentrate on producing just music, and not a story. The time will come :agreed:

I hope I helped and don't be angry,
thats just my opinion!

Greetings!

PS: Thank you very much for your post in my thread!!! :)

')