Free Eventide 26 band EQ - iLok required FYI

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Is this the software iLok, or the USB dongle? The later would steer me off.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
You can actually in many cases just register an account and register to a computer.

But honestly, the 2 and 3 onwards have worked a charm without a hiccup for most people.

Yeah, I have the 3 and it's worked great.

Is this the software iLok, or the USB dongle? The later would steer me off.

@Drew it's either or, dude.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think I have the software iLok, maybe I'll grab this. Not really a fan, though.

Elric

Reaction score
Not to complain since it is free and all, but I have been doing a lot of real time monitoring of guitar plugins and this thing destroyed my latency performance when enabled during recording/monitoring. Clearly target more toward mastering/mixing, just grabbed it, cuz: free and tried to use it like any other EQ. Using as an AU under Logic.

May have to knock it around some more; though. Sure it's probably a good a tool when used correctly. ;) I just use plugs for quick practice a lot these days and did not expect an EQ to have that effect.

Last edited:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Not to complain since it is free and all, but I have been doing a lot of real time monitoring of guitar plugins and this thing destroyed my latency performance when enabled during recording/monitoring. Clearly target more toward mastering/mixing, just grabbed it, cuz: free and tried to use it like any other EQ. Using as an AU under Logic.

May have to knock it around some more; though. Sure it's probably a good a tool when used correctly. ;) I just use plugs for quick practice a lot these days and did not expect an EQ to have that effect.

Haven’t messed with it as of yet, I’ll fire it up and see what happens for recording.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score

Yea it's a linear phase EQ.

That's what they do, it is most definitely for mastering and mixing.

Amen brother.... 20 year old crap technology that can't die fast enough!

When was the last time you used an iLok? The large majority of users don't have a problem, and even less so in the last few years with 3 and the quality of the licence manager.

Elric

Reaction score
Yeah, I just dumbly thought, “cool! New EQ! Throw it in my Guitar chain!” :facepalm::D

')