Free metronome with high BPM

• Thread starter Winspear
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Hey - I've been looking for a simple free metronome program that I can load up for practicing, I've found a few that are really nice except for playing in odd time signatures.

One I found has the option to turn accent beats off, which is great for odd time signatures, but many of them seem limited to 280 or 300 BPM. This is a problem for fast stuff in odd time signatures. For example 7/8 at 160 BPM. If I put it at 160, alternate bars are on the offbeat which I don't want. This isn't a problem if I could put it up to 320, but I can't.

Anyone know a more flexible metronome? Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OwainXerath

Player of Notes
Reaction score
Program it into a drum track? Every now and then I program a drum beat specifically tailored to what I want to learn. Only available in software, not too useful on the road, lol

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
I guess I could just put a hihat loop in Guitar Pro or something, never thought of that :lol: Thanks for the idea, it will do for now!

Love your band by the way :hbang:

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
I used to use METRONOME ONLINE - free!

Edit: My bad, didn't read your post fully. I guess try this out and see if it works for you, but it only goes up to 208.

haha yeah I used to use that one. I'm currently using software "Tempo Perfect".

It has the option to turn off accent beats, which is great. But it only goes up to 280 BPM so I'm screwed for odd time signatures.

BUT it can turn on subdivision beats, effectively doubling the BPM. However, the subdivision beats are quieter so again I have the problem of it going onto the offbeat every other bar.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i use a normal metronome but play in double time if i want it faster, say a 200 bpm. if you play 2 notes per click it would be 400. i have been using this method to get faster at my sweeps since my pedals metronome only goes up to 250. start slow like 150 so you get used to playing 2 notes per beat, then get faster ;)

Anomality

Reaction score
i use a normal metronome but play in double time if i want it faster, say a 200 bpm. if you play 2 notes per click it would be 400. i have been using this method to get faster at my sweeps since my pedals metronome only goes up to 250. start slow like 150 so you get used to playing 2 notes per beat, then get faster ;)

This is what I do as well. It also forces you to get better at subdividing beats in your head.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
This is what I do as well. It also forces you to get better at subdividing beats in your head.

i agree. its really neat to hear how the exact same bpm click will seem to sound different depending on how you play.:hbang:

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Just wanna say thanks for Weird Metronome, downloaded it from curiosity, great program :) rep'd

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
What is Special About Bounce Metronome Pro? Software for Windows
This is the Bounce Metronome.. Its really cool.... I am using the 30 day test drive.... You have full access of the program for 30 days...
Even if you turn the sound down you have a cool 3d visual mode where its easy to keep timing watching the bouncing ball..
Its free ... I just typed in 600bpms in the middle of the Dial.... It was smoking ass at 600bpms..... I downloaded the weird metronome... havent used it yet.... Remember you can type your custom speed in the middle....Or click and move the needle

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys! I will try those when I get home later on. Though what you said about learning to subdivide in your head does sound like a good idea. At the moment when practicing fast runs etc I do like to hear more beats than usual to make each note as tight as possible - though I guess I need to get used to playing it with less beats :)

Santuzzo

Reaction score
btw if you want good free metronome - try fretway metronome, I think it's best!

Thanks!

I just downloaded and tried it. It's great indeed!

So far I have been using Wierd Metronome which is cool, too. But I will try using the fretway metronome and see how I like it when practicing!

Sand

Reaction score
Hmmm, the iPhone app Taptempo is free and has all of these features you want with a cap of 300bpm. Works well and more convenient than a computer program, but of course, it's only worth mentioning if you own an iPhone.

Sand

Reaction score
Hmmm, the iPhone app Taptempo is free and has all of these features you want with a cap of 300bpm. Works well and more convenient than a computer program, but of course, only worth mentioning if you own an iPhone.

')