Free photo editing software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Ive been having fun with iPhoto and Photoshop on the macs at Uni, so Im now wanting to have something similar on my PC (laptop)...but I dont want to pay for it :lol:

Can anyone recommend a decent program that is available for free?

Cheers :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Ok can I suggest something? :D

If you want a free software, you will find Gimp, problem is GIMP sucks big time....

You have 2 solutions here:

1) you go and get a free trial version of a ulead software

2) you go and buy a software worth every penny...

I recommend those ones here because i'm using them everyday for my texture, photo and virtual creation work.... :yesway:

go to the website and download a trial version...

posuu2.jpg

and this one here which is much more sofisticated

photoimpact12box_c.jpg

kazzie

unicorn smile
Reaction score
Ulead is pretty decent.

My best suggestion, depending on how honnest you are...would be to just get photoshop online.
If you don't wanna risk anything, then just play around with the very decent 30 day trial (full features if I'm not mistaken)

I've heard GIMP was very good stuff, it was developped for Linux though but there is a Windows version. The only thing throwing me off is that it was developped for Linux, which to me, is every multimedia user's nightmare. I think it's still BETA, but as much as BETA can be buggy, it's also forgiving...and free!

Photoscape? I think that's what it's called. I saw this girl's work with it, it does the job.

As for Picasa, I had it for awhile but never explored it....personally, I thought it was just to keep your pictures together and transfer them from your camera. I never saw its purpose? I don't think you can edit with it...can you?

troyguitar

Reaction score
You can do some editing in Picasa but it's very very basic. It's all I use since I'm not a photophile at all - I really only crop stuff and occasionally mess with contrast a little.

kazzie

unicorn smile
Reaction score
You can do some editing in Picasa but it's very very basic. It's all I use since I'm not a photophile at all - I really only crop stuff and occasionally mess with contrast a little.

Yeah, Im a self conscious facebook display picture-whore...

wait, and a graphic designer

:scratch:
yeah!

:D

Misanthropy

Kebab Enthusiast
Reaction score
just downloaded photoshop cs4! time to check out some tutorials, il be a pro in no time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
')