Fretboard Note Locations

Ravvij

Ravvij Creation
Reaction score
UPDATE: 40% cooler. (for all you who said it was too dark)

guitar_sharps_and_flats_by_sinistraalucard13-d6t9flh.jpg

Here's a set of Sharps and Flats for all.
download at 28x7Fretboard Notes SHARPS and FLATS by SinistraAlucard13 on deviantART

28x7fretboard_notes_sharps_and_flats_by_sinistraalucard13-d6t23tn.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ravvij

Ravvij Creation
Reaction score

phrygian12

Reaction score
LOL it's not backwards. It's only backwards if you read it like tableture. But, I suppose it would be easier for seasoned players to read if it were flipped.
I haven't read tablature in years, but I'm pretty sure you read it Low to high EADGBE, not high to low. You're basically viewing the guitar as a viewer rather than a player, according to your chart.

Not really. I based the colors and form on the Rocksmith Game's interface. This is only supposed to be a reference. Not a way of learning.

But when learning don't you use reference material for you know..learning?

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
The mods might want to put a warning on this thread for the epileptic members here.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
There we go, yeah much better that way round! The original made me as confused as picking up a left handed guitar :D

Ravvij

Ravvij Creation
Reaction score
You might want to make the notes white. I can't see anything.
Actually, the white letters didn't look so good on it. Even the white between the dark parts of it hurts my eyes when I look at them.
You may try increasing the brightness or contrast of you screen?

stuglue

Reaction score
Here's a tip. To find the same note but on the immediate string below the one you are playing simply add 5 to the fret number of the note you are playing
Here's an example you are playing C at the third fret on the A string. You want to know where the same note is on the low E string. What you do is add 5 to 3 (the number of the fret where the C note is in the A string) and you get 8, so to play C on the low E you fret at the 8th.
You can do the reverse of this process if you want to find the same pitched note but up a string.

This changes slightly with the G and B string, you have to add or subtract 4, not 5.

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
Do people actually use charts like these? If you know what each open string is tuned to and that each fret up is another semitone up then you know where the notes are. You could teach that to a monkey, or even a djent or metalcore fan, in about five minutes (djent and metalcore fans might take 10).