Fretless Djenty Riffing ( Vigier Surfreter, Revalver, SD 2.0 )

• Thread starter Bigju
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredguitar7

Reaction score
that song just impregnated my girlfriend with your seed.. its that awesome

Joospocks

Reaction score
:agreed: < This is me bobbing my head to the song... Very cool! I think this is the first time I've ever heard a fretless seven string guitar.

Bigju

Reaction score
Thanks guys !
:agreed: < This is me bobbing my head to the song... Very cool! I think this is the first time I've ever heard a fretless seven string guitar.
It's a 6 but tuned to C# with a dropped B.
But the main issue with this kind of playing is the very very low action ( you nearly don't "feel" the high strings ) and you can't go crazy on the string gauge without having to modify the nut ( 11 to 54 here, can't go further ).

Anyway if you have the opportunity to try out a Surfreter sometime, go for it it's an amazing guitar !

georg_f

Reaction score
absolutely stunning track m8

the part with the higher lead note slides reminded me a bit of Mattias IA Eklundh

completely insane in total, good job on intonating that fretless guitar

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Holy crap! That is pretty sick dude :metal:
Wasn't expecting it to be awesome because of the fretless, but this is superb

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
So badass.

EDIT:
Seriously, I don't even want to release my EP now. :lol:

whisper

Reaction score
Thanks guys !

It's a 6 but tuned to C# with a dropped B.
But the main issue with this kind of playing is the very very low action ( you nearly don't "feel" the high strings ) and you can't go crazy on the string gauge without having to modify the nut ( 11 to 54 here, can't go further ).

Anyway if you have the opportunity to try out a Surfreter sometime, go for it it's an amazing guitar !

I did thicker gauge and flatwounds on mine. I tried 9's when I first got it, and yes, it felt like strands of hair!

')