Frikking awesome Meshuggah lesson in the new issue of Guitar Techniques

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Guitar Techniques in general, and Martin Goulding in particular, have just scored some extra cool points...

Not only was the Meshuggah feature in this month's issue really detailed and interesting, as opposed to the last one they did, which was a boring polymetric riff in drop B tuning, it was also actually played on seven and eight string guitars! That's right, eight-string riffage in a mainstream magazine lesson!:metal:

Hats off to all involved.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewK

Reaction score
GT is the best guitar magazine ever.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Total Guitar every now and then though, because it's a bit more of the news/business side of it, rather than pure technique, but u cant beat GT for actual in depth learning

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck, GT is unavaliable in Poland :(

EDIT:

I found GT in Poland, but the price is 250$ per year.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
wh smith on the way home from work for me :D

haha just been mate, I shall have a read...

I've messaged total guitar lately, and commented on it's absence of extended range news/reviews/techniques, but with no response. Mass email ambush anybody?

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
it's just a few timing ideas that are very Meshuggah and basically describes the theory behind writing riffs across a beat, remaining in 4/4 on the drums but making the guitars riff in different intervals, making that signature meshuggah weird timing. It's awesome, i haven't seen a 7 string tab in a magazine in years!!

i would scan it, but i'm not at my house so i dont have a scanner

')