Fryette ZMACS 4x4 Switcher

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Hmm that's actually pretty nifty. I wish all amps just came with switchable impedance so we wouldn't need workarounds like this.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like it but the impedence selection looks like 4 butts pushed together.

Apparently the guy that came up with the electronics symbol for transformer wiring liked big butts...

Hmm that's actually pretty nifty. I wish all amps just came with switchable impedance so we wouldn't need workarounds like this.

It also lets you run different cabs with different impedance values without worrying about the mismatch.. for example my Friedman and Cameron cabs are both 16ohms but my V30 loaded cab is 8ohms

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
He may have preceded Ren & Stimpy or wherever has me thinking that's a spot-on cartoon butt.

Honestly would love to support Fryette as I love the amps, but 4x4 is not enough. I would like to see something like this but modular, so the purchase is good regardless of how crazy we get into amps or how drastic our selloffs for "medical bills" are. I actually ordered 2 Ampete switchers 6 months ago with a six week lead time, but they're distributed by Bad Cat now and I find Bad Cat always seems to muck things up. In this case, they simply never built them or got back to me. When the yen dropped to shit, I lost the motivation to poke them about it.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He may have preceded Ren & Stimpy or wherever has me thinking that's a spot-on cartoon butt.

Honestly would love to support Fryette as I love the amps, but 4x4 is not enough. I would like to see something like this but modular, so the purchase is good regardless of how crazy we get into amps or how drastic our selloffs for "medical bills" are. I actually ordered 2 Ampete switchers 6 months ago with a six week lead time, but they're distributed by Bad Cat now and I find Bad Cat always seems to muck things up. In this case, they simply never built them or got back to me. When the yen dropped to shit, I lost the motivation to poke them about it.

These are chainable IIRC but yeah they need more options like the KHE units have. That said this is a first product so there may be more to come.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
It also lets you run different cabs with different impedance values without worrying about the mismatch.. for example my Friedman and Cameron cabs are both 16ohms but my V30 loaded cab is 8ohms
I have a similar issue and it has held me back from buying a switcher. I'm definitely getting one of these.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere.

Only listing I found and it's listed as sold out ATM. I guess Michael jumped the gun a little too early lol

$999 btw.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Chuck Levin's is taking deposits for pre-orders if you call them. First batch is expected in a couple of weeks.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Saw Michael's video earlier. This is very interesting. At first, I didn't think I needed it, since I already have a switcher, but the impedance matching is interesting. I've always heard some amps sound better when run at certain resistances, so running at that setting and then matching a different cab with it is pretty cool. Also, you can play your amp through all 4 cabs if you want to with this, while most switchers are one head, one cab. Very cool!

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I hope they do one with more and just make it 2u+ if necessary. Looks sweet but 4 amps doesn’t even scratch the surface and I don’t really want to spend 5 grand on a handful

')