FS: 1999 Ibanez RG7CT

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Frets are very nice, neck is straight, hardware is in excellent shape with only the slightest wear on the bridge. It has only a couple dings which you can see in the pics at http://www.ericsguitars.com/1999rg7ct02/. It has a Duncan JB-7 in the bridge and a 59-7 in the neck. These pickups are a great choice for this guitar having a mahogany body and KILLER maple top. The UV1000c case is literally brand new. Asking $1350.00 including US shipping from an ss.org member.

This an AWESOME playing guitar with a fresh setup. One of the rarest Ibanez 7s ever with only 24 made and I have 4 of them. I would also consider full or partial trades but only for other high-end IBZs or USA Jacksons, PRSi, etc.

Please get in touch directly via email.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SHREDDER

ShredAholic
Reaction score
Im in WISCONSIN I may be interested.....Would you be interested in a USA neckthrough bc rich beast (rear of the headstock is signed by berni rico sr.) It's a 1999, near mint w/ original hardshell case. I have pics and more info if your interested. I would be willing to drive to you, or meet you half way. I'm in Milwaukee.

Shoot me an e-mail

aolsonjr@sbcglobal.net

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there, thanks for the offer. I have seen the guitar and while it's very cool it's not for me. I am not a pointy guitar guy for the most part. Thanks anyway.

Nice to know we have some 7 players up here though. I am from Tosa actually and had to move here a couple years ago. * yuk * It would be better if I was in Chicago proper but I am in such faraway burbs that it's like Kenosha. ewww.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
*offtopic*

Hey Eric, where IS Kenosha? Reason I ask, is shortly after the narrative form begins to self-destruct in Thomas Pynchon's "Gravity's Rainbow," there's an extended skkit/riff about "The Kid From Kenosha," and while it's at about the point of the nevel where you're not necessarily supposed to understannd much of anything, still, I was wondering what the reference was.

*ontopic*

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
*offtopic*

Hey Eric, where IS Kenosha? Reason I ask, is shortly after the narrative form begins to self-destruct in Thomas Pynchon's "Gravity's Rainbow," there's an extended skkit/riff about "The Kid From Kenosha," and while it's at about the point of the nevel where you're not necessarily supposed to understannd much of anything, still, I was wondering what the reference was.

*ontopic*
Ok, sorry to totally jack this thread... Yep, the city of Kenosha borders Lake Michigan and is in Kenosha County which is the most SE county in WI. The city of Kenosha is a couple small towns away from the IL border depending on how far west you are from the lake.

So let me ask, did you or have you used a companion text with that book? I have been a bit scared off of it because of the depth. I can read a book and enjoy it from a certain standpoint without a full level of comprehension but this work seems to insist upon it for almost any fulfillment. Is that a fair assessment?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
No, I read it solo, and after graduation. It's a HORRIBLY complex text, but while I'm sure I missed a number of allusions, at the same time a lot of the time I coukd tell that, while I might not recognize a particular showtune being alluded to, I still got the basic pop-culture reference in that there WAS a showtune being echoed (it's a jazz-age novel, and there's a lot of spontaneous, tripped out singing for some reaosn, lol). Honestly, if you can do a decent job keeping the characters straight, you'd be better served with a good background in rocketry than you would by a companion text.

and, when you get dwn to it, when the storyline starts to self-destruct, my personal feelings are the loss of "meaning" IS half the point. By the end of the novel, really about the only thing you have left that still makes any sense is the rocket, and when you get right down to it, that holds together on a metaphorical level.

Hell, I've read it twice now - if you want, grab a copy and I'll start re-reading it myself, and just shoot me an e-mail now and then and we can talk about anything that isn't clicking. It's one of my absolute favorite ovels, i a dead heat with David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest."

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Hell, I've read it twice now - if you want, grab a copy and I'll start re-reading it myself, and just shoot me an e-mail now and then and we can talk about anything that isn't clicking. It's one of my absolute favorite ovels, i a dead heat with David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest."
To continue hijacking this thread...

While not familiar with the aforementioned novel, Drew, I'm shocked! One of your very favorite novels and you've only read it twice? Some of my most favorite books I've read upwards 5, even 10 times (I've read TLotR probably 11-12 times, and that's one of my all-time favorites. I'm not much for literary fiction, generally. I prefer genre stuff)

Haunted

Dedicated Headbanger
Reaction score
If you were interested in pointy guitars i'd offer you a Jackson RR1

but untill i sale it
this will be gone

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:

Thanks for the offer! I have a few things that have to come first but maybe in a couple months I'll take you up on it. I am really backed up and haven't cracked any of the 4 books I am in the middle of for weeks now. Yikes. :noway:

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone buy this guitar. :metal: I forgot to mention, I am going out of town for a couple days as of tomorrow early AM so if you email to me after that I’ll be returning emails on Sunday the 16th when I get back.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
so back to the IBZ for sale, what's the deal with the inlays? I see offset dot inlays in the pics, but I've seen other RG7customs advertised that have no inlays at all...what gives?

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
7slinger said:
so back to the IBZ for sale, what's the deal with the inlays? I see offset dot inlays in the pics, but I've seen other RG7customs advertised that have no inlays at all...what gives?

These guitars, these specific RG7CTs, there were only a very small amount made. I believe 48, but Eric says 24, so who knows who's right. These guitars all have the offset abalone dot inlays.

I used to own one, and they rock :yesway:

Ibanez makes one very similar to this in their Japanese J-Custom 7-strings.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
7slinger said:

Ibanez releases some very short runs of JCs that can have all kinds of inlays so that may be what you have seen. Also, the RG7CSTs have no inlays.

desertdweller said:
These guitars, these specific RG7CTs, there were only a very small amount made. I believe 48, but Eric says 24, so who knows who's right.

I have heard both numbers as well but after speaking with a Hoshino person I believe his estimates are closer to the source than the other people I have heard from. He said that they never limited the run of these (or CSTs) to a specific hard number but they made 24 or so for retail and a few more here or there for in-house or employees. There is no specific amount but the number they go by for people asking is 24 or so. Nice and specific! This is what he told me as part of another conversation about some short-run JCs. Who knows for sure? I would like to believe 24 but either way these aren't crawling out of the woodwork. :metal:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:

While not familiar with the aforementioned novel, Drew, I'm shocked! One of your very favorite novels and you've only read it twice? Some of my most favorite books I've read upwards 5, even 10 times (I've read TLotR probably 11-12 times, and that's one of my all-time favorites. I'm not much for literary fiction, generally. I prefer genre stuff)

I will also hijack the thread.

I have read each LotR book 9 times, except for FotR, which I've read 10 times.

I'm surprised at you, Drew.

On a note about the thread though: I saw a 7-string with a finish much like that yesterday, except it was a J-custom and not a Prestige (and the back panels weren't finished like that).

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:

Just saw this for the first time - be that as it may, Bob, i only discovered it about maybe two years at the most ago, and it's an incredibly dense 900-page book with about 150 pages of footnotes at the ned - not exactly fast reading. ;) Give me some time, though :fawk:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Just saw this for the first time - be that as it may, Bob, i only discovered it about maybe two years at the most ago, and it's an incredibly dense 900-page book with about 150 pages of footnotes at the ned - not exactly fast reading. ;) Give me some time, though :fawk:
Ok, I guess that explains it. You're off the hook, bro :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')