FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
Yeah dude, I'll try to make that happen for you. I think there will be 7-string covers before colored bobbins but I'll let you guys know. We're workin' on it :)

that would be ridiculously awesome!!
if that's what it is, what are the chances of buying just a cover for my existing BKP pickup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
that would be ridiculously awesome!!
if that's what it is, what are the chances of buying just a cover for my existing BKP pickup?

Way too early to know for sure. I'll let you know though :metal:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Nick, the 30 days since I got my MM's installed is almost up but since the Warpig 8 bridge hasn't come in would that affect doing the exchange?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Really? I would have never thought of the Rebel Yell. Interesting.

The Rebel Yell is amazing Steve. I have one in my purple Rico 7. Its really wonderful and unique.

Hey Nick, the 30 days since I got my MM's installed is almost up but since the Warpig 8 bridge hasn't come in would that affect doing the exchange?

You're welcome to contact me directly at your leisure. This thread is more for general info than personal business.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Got my 8 string cold sweats :)

Thanks Zim :wub:

DSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1329.jpg

DSCF1330.jpg

Last edited:

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
So I put them in and they are fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for one more time, Nick :)

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Nick, which bridge pickup would you recommend for the following 7-string guitar? -
  • 28" scale
  • bolt-on maple neck with wenge stripe
  • ebony fretboard
  • mahogany body with quilted maple top
I'm seeking a mid-heavy tone with a tight bottom. I'm looking for a certain amount of top end cut, but not so much that it gets fizzy or harsh. The best examples of the tone which I am seeking are the likes of modern day In Flames or Iron Maiden, with comparable amounts of gain. It would be paired with a Cold Sweat in the neck. :metal:

Cheers man. :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So I put them in and they are fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for one more time, Nick :)

Great to hear Yevetz, you're more than welcome :)

Nick, which bridge pickup would you recommend for the following 7-string guitar? -
  • 28" scale
  • bolt-on maple neck with wenge stripe
  • ebony fretboard
  • mahogany body with quilted maple top
I'm seeking a mid-heavy tone with a tight bottom. I'm looking for a certain amount of top end cut, but not so much that it gets fizzy or harsh. The best examples of the tone which I am seeking are the likes of modern day In Flames or Iron Maiden, with comparable amounts of gain. It would be paired with a Cold Sweat in the neck. :metal:

Cheers man. :yesway:

I'd recommend the Holydiver or Painkiller in there. The HD is a bit darker, richer, sweeter leads but still tons of cut and growl. The PK is a bit tighter, snappier, brighter but not harsh. They're both extremely heavy, musical, and defined. The HD is an alnico V and the PK a ceramic.

Do you already have a Cold Sweat in the neck or just already decided upon that model? The reason I ask is, depending on what sound you're after, there may be better neck options :)

alex103188

Reaction score
Just put my cold sweats into my C-7 hellraiser. (FINALLY)

Had to do a little rerouting (the wings on the pups are wide) but the tone is amaaaaaaaaaaazing. Note clarity/definition under tons of gain. It's very satisfying.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just put my cold sweats into my C-7 hellraiser. (FINALLY)

Had to do a little rerouting (the wings on the pups are wide) but the tone is amaaaaaaaaaaazing. Note clarity/definition under tons of gain. It's very satisfying.

Awesome dude :metal::metal:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I'd recommend the Holydiver or Painkiller in there. The HD is a bit darker, richer, sweeter leads but still tons of cut and growl. The PK is a bit tighter, snappier, brighter but not harsh. They're both extremely heavy, musical, and defined. The HD is an alnico V and the PK a ceramic.

Do you already have a Cold Sweat in the neck or just already decided upon that model? The reason I ask is, depending on what sound you're after, there may be better neck options :)

Well, I thought that the Cold Sweat would be a good match for the guitar. I am seeking a clear neck pickup; enough mid-range to cut through, and quite a bit of high-end cut. Think early Testament or later Iron Maiden solo tone. What would you recommend?

Cheers Nick!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, I thought that the Cold Sweat would be a good match for the guitar. I am seeking a clear neck pickup; enough mid-range to cut through, and quite a bit of high-end cut. Think early Testament or later Iron Maiden solo tone. What would you recommend?

Cheers Nick!

I'd recommend the Painkiller or Nailbomb neck model actually.

Reaction score
Hey Nick how are you doing man? I'm possibly coming into a Jackson RR Matt Tuck Signature, and I was wondering what would be your opinion on the best setup. It's a 6er of course and I believe it's made of Alder, I'm in a Tech Death band in the vain of a Spawn of Possession/Gorod tone but I'd like to get some good cleans as well. I play through a 5150 and a Triple XXX cab as of now. What would you recommend?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Nick how are you doing man? I'm possibly coming into a Jackson RR Matt Tuck Signature, and I was wondering what would be your opinion on the best setup. It's a 6er of course and I believe it's made of Alder, I'm in a Tech Death band in the vain of a Spawn of Possession/Gorod tone but I'd like to get some good cleans as well. I play through a 5150 and a Triple XXX cab as of now. What would you recommend?

Hey Logan. I'd recommend the Warpigs in there, definitely. It's a match made in heaven for alder Jacksons. Absolutely brutal, thick, tight, and just great tone. Killer leads and rhythm. The Warpig's dark, heavy tone really compliments the bright alder/maple setup of the Rhoads well. Its still very tight and defined, with great harmonics and a killer midrange growl. High notes have depth to them, never thin or brittle.

Good cleans are also capable (especially in the neck, middle, or split positions). The neck model has amazing neck lead tones as well. Very fluid and harmonically rich. Very smooth and clear.

How much can you get a Warpig for?

Which one, 6 or 7-string? Covered or uncovered? They start around $130 USD.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys, just so you know I'm pretty sick at the moment so questions via email will get answered quicker than PMs. It's easier to lay in bed with my iPhone handy than my computer :)

')