FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
kmanick, do you have anything recorded thats just the guitar (no drums or anything)? Im trying to get a good feel for the MM and the WP so I can decide before my return check gets here. The demo tracks have too much going on for me to really hear them.

I doubt he has clips, but honestly man clips are not very helpful. There are literally an infinite amount of variables that come into play with recording. Tt's a total crapshoot and 99.9% of the time it's not an accurate gauge on how it would sound through your setup IRL.

I actually think how it sounds in the mix w/ drums/bass is MORE helpful, but that's just me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I am sure this RG related info is already buried in this thread somewhere, but I am not good enough at search to find it. So with apologies, here goes:

I am waiting to for my first seven to arrive via ebay: an MIJ RG 7621. Single piece maple neck bolted onto basswood. Fixed bridge and stock passive pups. Rosewood board of course. What are the best BKP choices for thick heavy (but still articulate) tones in this guitar?

Im thinking Nailbomb7 for the bridge nice output deep tone and the reason of all others clarity.Going to be getting rid of my 7621 soon with emgs 707's in it.The tone is good but the harmonic content and clarity resembles Hmmm what can I compare it to??? I'll just go with swamp water.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Well my ebay 7621 got here. In reasonable shape but with some wear. It needs a little tlc. I hate the stock pups. Nick - I'll be giving you a call at the store tomorrow. :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well my ebay 7621 got here. In reasonable shape but with some wear. It needs a little tlc. I hate the stock pups. Nick - I'll be giving you a call at the store tomorrow. :)

Sure thing. Feel free to call me tonight, I'll be up for another few hours.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Nick, is there a place where I can read your opinions on the Bareknuckle pickups that you don't currently have in stock, such as the Cold Sweat 6 string?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick, is there a place where I can read your opinions on the Bareknuckle pickups that you don't currently have in stock, such as the Cold Sweat 6 string?

Amon, I don't know if there's one central place to read that. I've made a million posts describing the Cold Sweat on the forum over the years, perhaps click on 'Search This Thread' on the top of the page.

If you don't find what you need, feel free to email me and I'd be happy to go into great detail about the CS for you. In short, I can describe the CS as extremely tight, clear, with a balanced frequency response. It's fairly bright and sounds very open. It has a good amount of output but does not sound saturated, very clean attack and clear lows. It handles low tunings exceptionally well.

I find the CS sounds best in medium/dark guitars as it is easily the brightest model they have. It's not bright in a bad way, it's not thin or harsh, but it definitely can sound too bright in a bright guitar. The CS works great in basswood or mahogany for example. It has a slight midrange kick to it but it's not a middy pickup at all (nor is it scooped), it's just very balanced as I said. Performs very well with cleans and distortion; it never loses definition even in extreme high-gain/low-tuning situations.

It's really not for everyone though and the pickup is sensitive to different kinds of guitars/amps. if you can share with me what guitar it's going in, the amp you use, what kind of style of music you play, and what sort of tone you're after, I can let you know if I think that would be the best fit.

Okay, I guess that wasn't so "short" after-all ;)

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Just ordered the miracle man 7 pair for my 7621. NPD coming in a few weeks. Thanks to Nick - a patient man!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just ordered the miracle man 7 pair for my 7621. NPD coming in a few weeks. Thanks to Nick - a patient man!

Thanks so much man, it was a pleasure. Call me up anytime :)

reguv760

Reaction score
hey Nick... came across a pic of a green and black CS8 set :eek:
was wondering if BKP does colors on 7-strings as well or is it still "limited to black"???
On a relative note; do ya think Tim can re-wound a C-bomb7 to have black/green bobbins [once they start offering colored 7-strings]?

also ty for the Nailbombs a couple months back... sounds sick on the RGA in Drop Bb :hbang:

Reg

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Nick told me the other day that all BKP 7s bobbins are still black only. I was hoping for zebras or even purple zebras myself.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
hey Nick... came across a pic of a green and black CS8 set :eek:
was wondering if BKP does colors on 7-strings as well or is it still "limited to black"???
On a relative note; do ya think Tim can re-wound a C-bomb7 to have black/green bobbins [once they start offering colored 7-strings]?

also ty for the Nailbombs a couple months back... sounds sick on the RGA in Drop Bb :hbang:

Reg

My pleasure dude, glad you're digging them. And yea 7s are black only for now. Colors and covers are coming though. 6s and 8s have a wide variety of color options (I sent a guy a yellow/green one recently that looked awesome, and I ordered a red/black set to have in stock as well).

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just got a slew of customer pickups in, will be shipping 'em out today :)

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Awesome!! I can't wait to see how those miracle men are gonna transform my first seven RG7621. :shred:

Soon after that the components for my upgraded 1101 rig should arrive too. It's an exciting time.

Latest posts

')