FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome!! I can't wait to see how those miracle men are gonna transform my first seven RG7621. :shred:

Soon after that the components for my upgraded 1101 rig should arrive too. It's an exciting time.

Awesome dude, I know the feeling. I hope you love 'em, let me know how it works out. Of course if you're not happy with them we can work out an exchange, but I don't see that happening!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
Really love what you stand for dude, and thanks for all the help! I sure hope my MM arrives quickly, and I will like it! I'm so afraid it will sound bad!

I haven't had a working guitar for like 2 weeks!

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Hey Zimbloth, sorry to bug ya again.

How long is your exchange policy last for? Like I've been saying, I have that guitar of mine being finished by someone in the US, so I'd probably order a pickup to put in that once it gets near completion... Then it'd have to shipped up to Canada before I can try it. So that may be like a month after the order would be completed.. If I didnt dig the pickup, could I still exchange it for another after?

(im PRETTY sure the Holydiver will be perfect for me, but never know, eh)

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
If its just a simple one pickup replacement (swapping a bridge pickup for another bridge pickup) I can do that, its when it has 0 pickups/electronics at all like my DC727, installing two to work on a switch, is when im screwed/need help -_- I hate switches, and diagrams are usually all bs.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Zimbloth, sorry to bug ya again.

How long is your exchange policy last for? Like I've been saying, I have that guitar of mine being finished by someone in the US, so I'd probably order a pickup to put in that once it gets near completion... Then it'd have to shipped up to Canada before I can try it. So that may be like a month after the order would be completed.. If I didnt dig the pickup, could I still exchange it for another after?

(im PRETTY sure the Holydiver will be perfect for me, but never know, eh)

Hey Nick. You're not bugging me at all dude. The exchange policy starts when the pickup is installed and you can try it, so don't worry about it. I'd cover you if you weren't happy. Just within reason you know? A month isn't a big deal. As long as you're up front and honest like you are, I'm flexible.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Cool. I wouldnt go further than afew days after I can try it myself. But im sure the Holydiver will work. I am kinda interested in knowing more about the "vintage" line of pickups though, like the Stormy Mondays/etc.. Can they do metal decently well also?

Its hard to say exactly what I will be using this guitar for mostly.. just wanting it to be pretty versatile enough to cover everything from standard jazz to tech metal -_- Probably more in the lighter metal (Megadeth style) to fusiony jazz (Chick Corea) range, but since my neck pickup will be a sustainiac, Im not sure how much tonal options that will give me, hoping a bridge pickup can accomplish a lot.

(within reason, I know not to expect like a tele twang from a 7 string floating trem neckthru monster lol)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool. I wouldnt go further than afew days after I can try it myself. But im sure the Holydiver will work. I am kinda interested in knowing more about the "vintage" line of pickups though, like the Stormy Mondays/etc.. Can they do metal decently well also?

Its hard to say exactly what I will be using this guitar for mostly.. just wanting it to be pretty versatile enough to cover everything from standard jazz to tech metal -_- Probably more in the lighter metal (Megadeth style) to fusiony jazz (Chick Corea) range, but since my neck pickup will be a sustainiac, Im not sure how much tonal options that will give me, hoping a bridge pickup can accomplish a lot.

(within reason, I know not to expect like a tele twang from a 7 string floating trem neckthru monster lol)

I would not recommend the really low output BKPs for metal. The contemporary models and some of the vintage hots work much much better. If you require versatility, clarity, and organic richness but still want enough juice for the heavy stuff, you'll be happy with models like the Rebel Yell, Holydiver, Nailbomb, etc.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
BKPMiracleManSetpost.jpg

Lookee what came in today's mail... (...despite a minor address snafu). A pair of miracle men 7s! The beauties are going into my RG. Soon I hope. Thanks Nick!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
BKPMiracleManSetpost.jpg

Lookee what came in today's mail... (...despite a minor address snafu). A pair of miracle men 7s! The beauties are going into my RG. Soon I hope. Thanks Nick!

Sweet. Thank you man. Let me know how you like 'em, and sorry I sent them to your home and not work by mistake.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Sweet. Thank you man. Let me know how you like 'em, and sorry I sent them to your home and not work by mistake.

No worries about the mailing. Luckily my wife was in that day. :) As soon as I get them installed along with some other work I'll post more. It'll take me a few days just to find time to get to the shop. Can't imagine I won't like them.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Was my painkiller bridge in that batch as well?

I don't know, it would be easier if you contacted me directly via email or PM with your real name and all that so I can look it up. I strongly recommend all inquiries about specific orders to be made directly to me for the fastest response :yesway:

About 20 pickups arrived to a lot of you guys in the last couple days, I'm expecting more shortly. More 8-strings any day now and then later in the week some more 6s and 7s.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
My Miracle Man set is at the shop with my guitar now. Sometime next week I'll get it back. Based on my experience with the Painkillers in my LP I expect to be very happy.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Any updates on my order zimbloth? I'm super impatient :p

Please direct questions about specific orders to me directly. Include your real name, what you ordered, etc. I don't read this thread nearly as often as I check my email, phone, PM, etc :)

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
Oh yes I shall be acquiring a Bareknuckle "Painkiller" bridge pickup from Zimbloth shortly:) It's the one he recommended for my all Mahogany Schecter ATX 7. I can't wait to hear how tight the low end is on this pickup.....even the name "Painkiller" I love.....perhaps this pickup will cure any pain and distress in my body and soul from the Euphoric Rush experienced from the thunderous brutal tone that arises from this pickup? I shall find out.;)

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
Please direct questions about specific orders to me directly. Include your real name, what you ordered, etc. I don't read this thread nearly as often as I check my email, phone, PM, etc :)
I actually did email you about this and got no reply. I will email you again, including this info. Sorry :hbang:

')