FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score

FamilyGuy-Good20Good.gif

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
I guess I'm quite the BKP fanboy.

Just ordered my third set of pickups from Nick. A pair of rebel yells for my SG. Not that the gibby 57 classics were bad or anything... I just can't help myself. :nuts: :lol:

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
Could you help me out, Nick?

I was wondering if there is a set of 7-string BKP that owns at tight aggressive metal but can handle jazz/fusion as well, and has a decent amount of clarity. I may asking too much here, but it's worth a shot :lol:

My Loomis is probably getting transformed into a more Progressive/Fusion-ish axe as soon as I bought my 8-string. EMG 707s and jazzy interludes do mix, but I'm overly excited about them. The Loomis has a hard ash body and maple neck & fretboard. Amp is a VHT Pittbull 100. Oh, and I like a bit more high frequencies when playing distorted (read: 'djent!').

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Could you help me out, Nick?

I was wondering if there is a set of 7-string BKP that owns at tight aggressive metal but can handle jazz/fusion as well, and has a decent amount of clarity. I may asking too much here, but it's worth a shot :lol:

My Loomis is probably getting transformed into a more Progressive/Fusion-ish axe as soon as I bought my 8-string. EMG 707s and jazzy interludes do mix, but I'm overly excited about them. The Loomis has a hard ash body and maple neck & fretboard. Amp is a VHT Pittbull 100. Oh, and I like a bit more high frequencies when playing distorted (read: 'djent!').

You're definitely not asking too much man! The Miracle Man 7 set would be great in that guitar and can definitely cover all that territory. They are high output but have exceptional tightness/clarity and sound great clean, especially in the neck and middle positions. If you want to give the set a shot, let me know and I can supply some to you :)

I guess I'm quite the BKP fanboy.

Just ordered my third set of pickups from Nick. A pair of rebel yells for my SG. Not that the gibby 57 classics were bad or anything... I just can't help myself. :nuts: :lol:

Thanks as always man! :yesway:

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
You're definitely not asking too much man! The Miracle Man 7 set would be great in that guitar and can definitely cover all that territory. They are high output but have exceptional tightness/clarity and sound great clean, especially in the neck and middle positions. If you want to give the set a shot, let me know and I can supply some to you :)

I definately will :yesway:

Do the Painkiller bridge and Miracle Man neck combo mix well? I really like the distorted sound of the Painkiller.

wilsky757

Reaction score
hey nick i was directed ur way about any questions regarding bkp. here its i play death/grind and i am getting agile intrepid pro with an ebony board and i play through a 6505 plus . i was wanting to a good brigde pick up to match

thanks

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
hey nick i was directed ur way about any questions regarding bkp. here its i play death/grind and i am getting agile intrepid pro with an ebony board and i play through a 6505 plus . i was wanting to a good brigde pick up to match

thanks

I'd recommend the ceramic Warpig, its easily the most brutal death/grind pickup on the planet and still has excellent clarity. However if you wanted something a bit tighter/crisper but still super heavy, the Painkiller would also be great.

I have some 8-string sets in stock, with more on the way. If you're interested feel free to hit me up :)

I definately will :yesway:

Do the Painkiller bridge and Miracle Man neck combo mix well? I really like the distorted sound of the Painkiller.

Yes they do mix well, but the PK neck is pretty cool too :) Depends what sound you're after.

wilsky757

Reaction score
oh for sure man when when my guitar gets here and i make my mind up you will be hearin from i appreciate the help

snowblind56

Reaction score
Another epic shipment came in this week, most customer orders should now be fulfilled. Got some really cool looking stuff here including a Warpig 7 distressed and a Warpig 6 in in nickel. The colored 7s will be here in a couple days.

Nick, did the colors ship yet?

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
My Painkiller 7 just arrived. :woot: The burnt chrome cover is simply amazing. I really love the oily, murky and yet colourful aesthetics. As usual, the build quality is superb. I can't wait for my guitar to be completed so that I can actually try this monster out. :lol: In this case, I ordered directly from Bare Knuckle, but I'm sure that Nick is a great dealer for you guys who live overseas; this is by no means a slight on him. I'll try to post some pics of the pickup tomorrow. :yum:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My Painkiller 7 just arrived. :woot: The burnt chrome cover is simply amazing. I really love the oily, murky and yet colourful aesthetics. As usual, the build quality is superb. I can't wait for my guitar to be completed so that I can actually try this monster out. :lol: In this case, I ordered directly from Bare Knuckle, but I'm sure that Nick is a great dealer for you guys who live overseas; this is by no means a slight on him. I'll try to post some pics of the pickup tomorrow. :yum:

Even though it is my thread, I happy to have people post their thoughts on BKPs they got from someone else too. I do ship worldwide, but if you live in the UK speficifcally it makes the most sense to get them direct. And yup, the burnt chrome is absolutely beautiful. I get those in on almost every shipment and they're always eye-popping :yesway:

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
How does the Painkiller 7 sound in basswood? Spec wise it seems like what I want but I usually see it recommended for mahogany. I'm using an Evo7 in my 2077xl and I like it but want to try something different for my new guitar and still keep the tight, punchy sound. Maybe a bit more heavy though. Thoughts?

Also, is it possible to get a chrome pup but so both pickups are still visible instead of it covering the whole humbucker? Does that make sense?

Oh one last question. I want my current dimarzio's to be white instead of using those sticker bobbin toppers. If I send them in is it possible to make then white? or do they only do that with BKP?

Thanks.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
How does the Painkiller 7 sound in basswood? Spec wise it seems like what I want but I usually see it recommended for mahogany. I'm using an Evo7 in my 2077xl and I like it but want to try something different for my new guitar and still keep the tight, punchy sound. Maybe a bit more heavy though. Thoughts?

if you like the sound of the evo in basswood, you'll love the sound of the PK. it has a lot of similarity to the evo in broad strokes, but has a lot more detail/subtlety/nuance that brings a richer and clearer sound out of the guitar than the evo gets. it's also a little tighter in the mid-bass (perfect for palm muting).

i use my PK in a basswood RG7420 and it's the perfect bridge pickup for that guitar.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
painkillers can be a little bright. It is a superb match to my heavy mahogany Les Paul, which was kind of dark and muddy sounding with burstbucker pros. Basswood is brighter than mahogany but not as bright as other woods such as alder, ash, etc. So, maybe painkillers are OK there? Nick? ...miracle man is what he recommended for my basswood RG7621 and I like the result.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
painkillers can be a little bright. It is a superb match to my heavy mahogany Les Paul, which was kind of dark and muddy sounding with burstbucker pros. Basswood is brighter than mahogany but not as bright as other woods such as alder, ash, etc. So, maybe painkillers are OK there? Nick? ...miracle man is what he recommended for my basswood RG7621 and I like the result.

I fucking LOVE the painkiller, but i found it to be a tad too bright too. The attack on it is beautiful

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Also, is it possible to get a chrome pup but so both pickups are still visible instead of it covering the whole humbucker? Does that make sense?

Oh one last question. I want my current dimarzio's to be white instead of using those sticker bobbin toppers. If I send them in is it possible to make then white? or do they only do that with BKP?

Thanks.

The Painkiller works in basswood. If you like the Evo in your 2077 you should like this too as they're eq'd similarly. However I do think the Miracle Man would be an even better option. It has similar output, tightness, harmonics, and clarity but its voiced a little more 'basswood friendly. Bit more low-mid grunt to it.

Yes I can get you BKPs with chrome covers which have the pole pieces exposed, if that's what you mean.

Maybe if you contact DiMarzio they could paint them white for you, I really don't know. I gurantee you though it would be much cheaper to sell them and just buy white DiMarzios. I stock DiMarzios as well as BKPs so could help you in either case.

Let me know if you have any other questions or want to order up some pickups :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
when.... is ...shipment coming... need.. nailbombs...........

Shortly, they were completed and shipped, just waiting for them to arrive. For further questions about specific orders, please contact me directly :)

Latest posts

')