FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Paid with Paypal.Buying another PU before the first one even gets here.
Thanks

Thanks man.

My Painkiller/Miracle Man combo that's going in my Loomis has been shipped out! :scream:

Thanks again for the great help, Nick! :cheers:

:metal:

whats the coldsweat set run?

That depends. 6, 7, or 8-string? Covered or uncovered? If covered, which covers? All those things factor into the price. Shoot me an email or PM and I can get you an accurate price :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey nick, mind updating me on my white PKs? Ordered? Shipped? :)

me too nick ;)

dave

^ I think you best shoot him a PM for that.

Yep. Questions about individual orders posted here is the worst place. I only check here periodically, versus instantly with emails, calls, or direct communications.

Daybean: Yours have been shipped, you should see it by tomorrow.

Silentrage: I'll look your order up when I get to the shop, I'm still at home at the moment. It was definitely ordered. I place orders as soon as they come in.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks nick, I'll email you from now on if that's what you prefer.

It's all good man. I looked up your order, which you placed a few days ago. The pickup has been shipped, just waiting for it to get here. I'm expecting it in the next 5 days or so.

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
My PK/MM combo arrived today! And I payed NO duty or VAT for some reason, which is awesome.

I'll upload pics and sound samples as soon as I get them installed. :metal:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My PK/MM combo arrived today! And I payed NO duty or VAT for some reason, which is awesome.

I'll upload pics and sound samples as soon as I get them installed. :metal:

That sounds great. And yes the fact you paid no duty/VAT was no accident :) Enjoy!

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
Hey man, has the "Aftermath" been made a regular production pickup? I heard from Nolly or something that the aftermath and t-tops have been made regular pickups, but the BKP site just hasn't been updated

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey man, has the "Aftermath" been made a regular production pickup? I heard from Nolly or something that the aftermath and t-tops have been made regular pickups, but the BKP site just hasn't been updated

I can get them, but they're not regular production pickups. It was a custom wind he did for some guy, who himself named it the Aftermath.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ahh. Do they run around the same price as the other BKP's?

Yeah the 6-string ones would start at about $129.99 for a single or $249.99 for a full set. Covers, 7-string, 8-string, etc would be an extras cost.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
what is so special about this AFTERMATH pickup, what kind of tonal character are we talking here, my interest is piqued

I don't know. It was a custom wind for a random fellow. Supposedly its like a warmer Painkiller. I'll probably order some up soon, but I havent been in any rush to try it since they so many other models already that I love.

CD1221

Reaction score
Hey Zimbloth,

I am i the planning stages of a seven string build that I will start in the very near future and would like to give BKP a go. The guitar will probably be an ash body with a mahogany/maple stripe neck and rosewood fretboard, fixed bridge.

I am looking for a nevermore style sound (TGE) - fairly aggressive, but still having clarity. I would also like a pickup that will clean up a little with the volume control - think Toni Iommi on children of the sea.

This will be a bridge pickup only guitar, so I need one that will clean up nice and warmly, not thin and weak.

what would you recmmend?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Zimbloth,

I am i the planning stages of a seven string build that I will start in the very near future and would like to give BKP a go. The guitar will probably be an ash body with a mahogany/maple stripe neck and rosewood fretboard, fixed bridge.

I am looking for a nevermore style sound (TGE) - fairly aggressive, but still having clarity. I would also like a pickup that will clean up a little with the volume control - think Toni Iommi on children of the sea.

This will be a bridge pickup only guitar, so I need one that will clean up nice and warmly, not thin and weak.

what would you recmmend?

Well the 'Miracle Man' bridge model 100% nails the Nevermore tone on "This Godless Endeavor", and it's a great match for those woods. Does it have an overly warm clean tone? Not really, it's a high-output ceramic bridge pickup. It certainly has a sweeter clean tone and more dynamics than the EMGs Jeff typically uses though. It's definitely not thin and weak, but it's not amazing clean either. The alnico V bridge models tend to have nicer cleans.

I still recommend going with the Miracle Man, but if you want something that would be great for the heavies and clean up really well, you may want to go with the Rebel Yell or Nailbomb model.

If you want to order one for your custom, or if you have any more questions, feel free to contact me anytime :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
cold sweat set on my agile 8?

That really depends on what Agile it is. Which model/specs do you have? What string gauges/tuning do you plan on using with it? The Cold Sweat is great but not ideal for every situation.

')