FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

severussnape

Reaction score
Really interested in a set of aftermaths.

Nick I sent you a pm, when you have time hit me back. I'm looking, within the next 2 to 3 weeks, to get some new pups for my ibby.

Either this, or a set of Dimarzios, but I'm really drooling over bkp's at the moment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Really interested in a set of aftermaths.

Nick I sent you a pm, when you have time hit me back. I'm looking, within the next 2 to 3 weeks, to get some new pups for my ibby.

Either this, or a set of Dimarzios, but I'm really drooling over bkp's at the moment.

PM replied to :)

Paje

Reaction score
Hey Zimbloth,

What's news with BareKnuckles? They getting caught up with orders yet? I didn't see any posts this thread about the delays they've been experiencing. Unsure if there is another thread ~ I couldn't find anything here or on BKP's site/forum. Maybe a little PSA would be good? :idea:

I've been waiting on my own order since 11/11. :ugh:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Zimbloth,

What's news with BareKnuckles? They getting caught up with orders yet? I didn't see any posts this thread about the delays they've been experiencing. Unsure if there is another thread ~ I couldn't find anything here or on BKP's site/forum. Maybe a little PSA would be good? :idea:

I've been waiting on my own order since 11/11. :ugh:

Yeah, I didn't want to talk about it here out of respect for BKP, instead opting to inform customers about the situation through email/phone, but yes there have been some unfortunate operation delays over there. Tim told me the cause for the delays was the seemingly endless snow-storms and inclement weather they've been experiencing in Europe. He mentioned that has disrupted shipping and also their ability to get needed parts from his engineer. He also mentioned they were short-handed at the shop due to a 'paternity leave' situation. All these things have combined to cause delays on all orders ordered around that time.

It sucks but they've been working hard to get caught up finally. He's shipped everything and I am just waiting for them to arrive, which should be any day now since they were shipped a while ago!

Things should be cool going forward, this was unfortunate (and trust me I've been getting several emails a day about it so I've been busy trying to explain whats going on to people), but shit happens sometimes when dealing with custom made stuff. I have no doubt Tim and the guys at BKP did the best they could given the circumstances :)

If anyone has questions regarding their specific orders, please contact me directly so this thread doesn't get too cluttered or I don't miss something.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I was actually just gonna e-mail tim about how the shipping is going in these days of ridiculous weather all over Europe. Thanks for clearing that up though, Zim :)

freepower

Reaction score
I can just +1 that the weather has been ridiculous - the snow has often been unexpected and so much has fallen that it's stopped me doing any guitar teaching for two weeks out of the last month.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I can just +1 that the weather has been ridiculous - the snow has often been unexpected and so much has fallen that it's stopped me doing any guitar teaching for two weeks out of the last month.

I was actually just gonna e-mail tim about how the shipping is going in these days of ridiculous weather all over Europe. Thanks for clearing that up though, Zim :)

Yeah definitely, thanks for confirming all that. I have some customers who are super angry about it, unfortunately you can't control severe weather situations like this. All you can do is try to make it up to them somehow.

Paje

Reaction score
Yeah definitely, thanks for confirming all that. I have some customers who are super angry about it, unfortunately you can't control severe weather situations like this. All you can do is try to make it up to them somehow.

For the record, I'm not one of the angry ones. lol! Sh*t happens. I was just thinking, since it's obviously affecting more folks than just me, that getting the word out would save some headaches (and angry e-mails, lol).

Anyways - looking forward to my burnt chrome RYs!! :shred:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
For the record, I'm not one of the angry ones. lol! Sh*t happens. I was just thinking, since it's obviously affecting more folks than just me, that getting the word out would save some headaches (and angry e-mails, lol).

Anyways - looking forward to my burnt chrome RYs!! :shred:

It's all good man, no worries. Shit happens sometimes but we're all in this together. They're back on track now with shipments. I actually have an Aftermath w/ gold pole pieces coming for my new PRS that I've been waiting for as well. It'll be worth the wait :)

Thanks for your patience and understanding man. As always, I'm committed to doing whatever it takes to make things right for you guys :yesway:

Varjo

ss.org frenulum
Reaction score
I was actually too on the verge of asking again about my pup (curious that I am), but this clears it out. The weather is bad, but that sometimes happens on wintertime. Sure, I'm not liking the situation, but I'm not pissed - this stuff just happens.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that the BKP's are worth the wait.

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
I was actually too on the verge of asking again about my pup (curious that I am), but this clears it out. The weather is bad, but that sometimes happens on wintertime. Sure, I'm not liking the situation, but I'm not pissed - this stuff just happens.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that the BKP's are worth the wait.

Ah. I have been wondering as well. I ordered mine 11/14, but I understand. There's not much zim can do..

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
And to be fair, the amount of snow this time around has so far been pretty ridiculoous.

Richie666

Reaction score
Not to mention the Boston area just had about 2 feet of snow dropped on it this weekend. Haha, this weather just seems to hate guitarists.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad it is coming around, I can understand curious customers but angry ones, that is a tad ridiculous. I mean I like my guitar crack as much as the neck guy but getting angry doesn't solve problems.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Good news everyone, at last the pickups have started to arrive! I've got about 20-30 pickups that came today and I'm expecting more throughout the week. Thank goodness they finally caught up with the orders and the holiday shipping nightmare is over so things can go back to normal.

I'll be notifying everyone indivually about their pickups within the next 24 hours (got in a car accident today so I'm playing catch-up).

Ah. I have been wondering as well. I ordered mine 11/14, but I understand. There's not much zim can do..

And to be fair, the amount of snow this time around has so far been pretty ridiculoous.

Not to mention the Boston area just had about 2 feet of snow dropped on it this weekend. Haha, this weather just seems to hate guitarists.

I think it hates air travellers quite a bit more.

Glad it is coming around, I can understand curious customers but angry ones, that is a tad ridiculous. I mean I like my guitar crack as much as the neck guy but getting angry doesn't solve problems.

Yeah the weather on both sides of the pond has wreaked havoc on shipping, but mainly the issue was how it affected their operations in England.

severussnape

Reaction score

You're out money that you've given to someone for which you expect a certain product or service, which has yet not materialized in any real tangible way. Money you have worked long and hard for, and in this economy, Im sure people will get antsy dealing with small businesses when delays are involved. Especially if those wait times werent understood or applicable at the time the orders were placed.

Anger might not be necessarily reasonable, but I think it may be understandable.

Myself, personally, Im fully aware of the difficulties because of weather and such, and whenever I do place my order im prepared for a bit of a wait.

Speaking of which, Nick, check your emails. I have money that I need to get rid of...

Just saying.

EDIT:

heh, I just found the custom order form, filled it out, and all it did was send an email.

Which I had already done anyways, lulz. Sorry.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Anger might not be necessarily reasonable, but I think it may be understandable.

Myself, personally, Im fully aware of the difficulties because of weather and such, and whenever I do place my order im prepared for a bit of a wait.

Anger at the situation is natural and understandable. Anger at me, when I have nothing to do with the weather delays in Europe, is another story. Regardless, like I said in my previous post which I'll post again below, everything should be back to normal again.

Good news everyone, at last the pickups have started to arrive! I've got about 20-30 pickups that came today and I'm expecting more throughout the week. Thank goodness they finally caught up with the orders and the holiday shipping nightmare is over so things can go back to normal.

I'll be notifying everyone indivually about their pickups within the next 24 hours (got in a car accident today so I'm playing catch-up).

')