FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey man do you have any 8 string pups available?

I have a bunch coming soon (Aftermath, Cold Sweat, ceramic Nailbomb, Miracle Man, etc), but the only one I have available today is a Warpig 8.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Well, that sucks.

I hear ya, but it makes sense though. It would be irresponsible for a company to invest serious money in tooling up for such a niche item that probably 0.0000000000000001% of guitarists would ever think of buying. They've already put a lot of money into developing 7-string covers and 8-strings and all those things. This will have to wait :)

severussnape

Reaction score
I hear ya, but it makes sense though. It would be irresponsible for a company to invest serious money in tooling up for such a niche item that probably 0.0000000000000001% of guitarists would ever think of buying. They've already put a lot of money into developing 7-string covers and 8-strings and all those things. This will have to wait :)

Entirely understandable. Who knows, maybe one day, after we have 8 string covers...

A guy can dream can't he?

You can have an angled one made for cheap(ish) somewhere else and ask BKP to rewind it for you

That is certainly an idea.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Some 8-string Aftermaths came in today, shipping right out!

Richie666

Reaction score
YES! Finally! Check your email, I changed my shipping address (although if it's too late, it's not a problem)

DoctorStoner

θάλλ
Reaction score
What would you suggest for a basswood 8 string? I see you have been recommending the CS and MM a lot. Im mainly looking for good output and lots of upper mids. I liked the PK and Aftermath a lot on the website but I dont know how well they would work in basswood. I have a CPig in my loomis but its on the verge of being too bassy.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
zimbloth.. whats the difference in buying the bare knuckle pick ups from you aside from the actual manufacturer?

That's a good question. For one, I offer lower prices than buying direct, both on the pickups themselves and shipping costs. When you order from BKP directly, you also are hit with currency conversion fees from your bank/credit card, and also the exchange rates listed on sites such as xe.com are more favorable than what you're actually getting (usually about 3 points off). So besides the fact I'm charging a lower base price, you also don't get hit with any of those fees/rate discrepancies/expensive shipping costs.

I also provide great service, have an exchange policy, and it's always good to support small businesses here in the US ;)

What would you suggest for a basswood 8 string? I see you have been recommending the CS and MM a lot. Im mainly looking for good output and lots of upper mids. I liked the PK and Aftermath a lot on the website but I dont know how well they would work in basswood. I have a CPig in my loomis but its on the verge of being too bassy.

The Aftermath in basswood is amazing. The PK would be very good too if you want lots of upper mids. The CS and MM dont have much an upper mid focus. If you want to get more in depth, please feel free to email/pm/call.

severussnape

Reaction score
Nick, what do you think about a pickup for mahogany? I've got a schecter with a mahogany body and flamed maple top, 7 strings.

Tight mids, well defined (but not squeaky) highs, and tight expressive lows (not boomy, just needs to have some character). I really want something where the mids and the highs are the stars of the show, but mostly the midrange.

I've heard that the PK has a mid spike. That worries me slightly, as I don't want the mids to "spike" or be really overbearing.

High output isn't a prereq, but I wouldn't object to it.

I'm thinking, either looking at DiMarzio, or BKP for this one. But, obviously, in this thread I'm wanting your BKP suggestion. I'm looking to do this in a few months, but I want to start getting ideas now.

Looking forward to my other pickups aswell. :)

Take care, and have a good evening.

-Drew

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick, what do you think about a pickup for mahogany? I've got a schecter with a mahogany body and flamed maple top, 7 strings.

Tight mids, well defined (but not squeaky) highs, and tight expressive lows (not boomy, just needs to have some character). I really want something where the mids and the highs are the stars of the show, but mostly the midrange.

I've heard that the PK has a mid spike. That worries me slightly, as I don't want the mids to "spike" or be really overbearing.

High output isn't a prereq, but I wouldn't object to it.

I'm thinking, either looking at DiMarzio, or BKP for this one. But, obviously, in this thread I'm wanting your BKP suggestion. I'm looking to do this in a few months, but I want to start getting ideas now.

Looking forward to my other pickups aswell. :)

Take care, and have a good evening.

-Drew

Is your Schecters neck mahogany as well, or maple? This is really important to know. Shoot me a PM or email and we can discuss it further :)

Got any extra 8s in stock? ;)

Nah all the 8s I got in immediately shipped out to customers. I have more coming in soon, but if you want some you should probably reserve one.

')