FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
IbanezRG7621.jpg

IbanezRG7621pups.jpg

Back from the shop a few days ago. The aftermath set looks and sounds great! Came out reverse zebra, as that made it easier to pull the wires.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Hey there. I'm happy to help dude. I've had a lot of customers with that exact same guitar that I've supplied BKPs too and the results have been most triumphant :)

I would like a little more information from you, such as: what style of music you play, what string gauge and tuning you use, etc. That said, in general I think the Miracle Man set would be a great match for your guitar. The bridge model is powerful, yet very clear with exceptionally tight bass. It has smooth mids, loads of attack, punchy lows, and a nice low-mid grunt to it. Most importantly they're very basswood-friendly. You will find you will be able to turn the gain higher than you ever have before because the definition of the Miracle Man exceeds the EMG-HZ's by leaps and bounds.

The Miracle Man neck model is really cool too. It has great cleans, fluid lead tones, and ample power/harmonics. They also respond great to being coil split if your guitar has any push-pulls or a 5-way switch.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, you can contact me anytime at 508-921-9973 or sales@axepalace.com. You can also check out my BKP Order Form on our website here: BARE KNUCKLE PICKUPS ORDER FORM (NEW FOR 2011) -- THE AXE PALACE / 508-921-9973 --

Take care for now :yesway:
Well my style is... Djent. I'm not trying to rip off any bands but it just sounds good to me and what i write falls into that category. But i also like warm bright clean tones. My amp setting doesn't have too much gain, which i like, there is just enough to sound distorted, and just enough to pull off pinch harmonics. Responds well to how hard i pick. With the Emg HZ's there just isn't enough gain for them, no sustain at all. I need just a tad bit more high end and mids than i have while retaining the same amount of bass. I don't use coil splitters but that's a nice option to have. Some people have compared the miracle man to an organic Emg active, but that's also what was said about SD Blackouts, which i have in another guitar and don't really like. The bass is way too spongey and overpowering. Cleans are too powerful, too much low mids it seems to me. But from your description of the miracle man i think it just might be the one for me. :hbang: Thank you! I can't seem to find the normal smiley face around here... i must be blind. :lol:

EDIT: My string gauge is 65-13, sometimes 60-12 and i play in A-E-B-F-Ab-Db It's sorta like dropped B except it's a double drop tuning. Sounds really cool.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well my style is... Djent. I'm not trying to rip off any bands but it just sounds good to me and what i write falls into that category. But i also like warm bright clean tones. My amp setting doesn't have too much gain, which i like, there is just enough to sound distorted, and just enough to pull off pinch harmonics. Responds well to how hard i pick. With the Emg HZ's there just isn't enough gain for them, no sustain at all. I need just a tad bit more high end and mids than i have while retaining the same amount of bass. I don't use coil splitters but that's a nice option to have. Some people have compared the miracle man to an organic Emg active, but that's also what was said about SD Blackouts, which i have in another guitar and don't really like. The bass is way too spongey and overpowering. Cleans are too powerful, too much low mids it seems to me. But from your description of the miracle man i think it just might be the one for me. :hbang: Thank you! I can't seem to find the normal smiley face around here... i must be blind. :lol:

EDIT: My string gauge is 65-13, sometimes 60-12 and i play in A-E-B-F-Ab-Db It's sorta like dropped B except it's a double drop tuning. Sounds really cool.

You are spot on about the Blackouts. They're not organic at all. I too find their low-end to be over the top and not tight enough. The BKP Miracle Man is nothing like the Blackout. It's exponentially tighter, clearer, punchier and with way more character. Now, the Miracle Man isn't really an organic pickup either. It's still a very hot ceramic with ample compression, but compared to an active it's like a 57 PAF ;)

You can get excellent cleans with the MM set in the neck and middle positions. The bridge is okay, better than EMGs or Blackouts, but it's still a high output bridge pickup ya know? For rhythms and leads in a basswood guitar though it's pretty sweet! I also can recommend the ceramic Nailbomb and Aftermath pickups in that guitar.

If you want to chat about this further, I highly recommend shooting me an email or giving me a call. I can reply much faster that way. I try to check here often, but with emails I can get it instantly wherever I may be in the world ;)

Back from the shop a few days ago. The aftermath set looks and sounds great! Came out reverse zebra, as that made it easier to pull the wires.

That looks awesome man! :)

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
those look great, how do they sound in there?

IbanezRG7621.jpg

IbanezRG7621pups.jpg

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
those look great, how do they sound in there?

The Aftermaths sound really good and full. Less scooped than the Miracle Mans I had in there before. The bridge pickup is really crushing. Lots of dynamics there, though I find I need to roll off the treble a bit with it. It has a tendency to overdrive a clean amp. The neck and bridge together sound particularly nice - and slightly less chimey than many neck & bridge combos - which is a good thing. The neck pup is sweet and fluid. The split coil sounds are straty and quite useable.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
The Aftermaths sound really good and full. Less scooped than the Miracle Mans I had in there before. The bridge pickup is really crushing. Lots of dynamics there, though I find I need to roll off the treble a bit with it. It has a tendency to overdrive a clean amp. The neck and bridge together sound particularly nice - and slightly less chimey than many neck & bridge combos - which is a good thing. The neck pup is sweet and fluid. The split coil sounds are straty and quite useable.
Hey Zugster, can we get a sound clip? lol I have the exact same guitar and i'm looking at the Aftermath 7 calibrated set with the aged nickle covers on Zimbloths site as we speak and i would like to hear how that thing sounds so i know exactly what i'm getting into. lol

Hey Zimbloth, pm me a quote for a calibrated black uncovered Aftermath 7 set, please! lol

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Hey Zugster, can we get a sound clip? lol I have the exact same guitar and i'm looking at the Aftermath 7 calibrated set with the aged nickle covers on Zimbloths site as we speak and i would like to hear how that thing sounds so i know exactly what i'm getting into. lol

Sorry dude, but I haven't got my recording act together yet. Too damn busy with work and life. One of these days...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Hey Zimbloth, pm me a quote for a calibrated black uncovered Aftermath 7 set, please! lol

Sure I'll PM you as well, but my prices are public now. You can see them on my order form on my website by clicking here. The Aftermaths are bit more expensive than most of the other models, but they're sick :)

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Yeah i know how that is Zugster. lol And thanks alot Zimbloth. Is it ok to call you Nick? lol I notced others do but i prefer to be polite and ask before using someones real name. lol

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah i know how that is Zugster. lol And thanks alot Zimbloth. Is it ok to call you Nick? lol I notced others do but i prefer to be polite and ask before using someones real name. lol

Yeah of course man. I actually don't like when people refer to me as zimbloth. When I signed up on the forum many moons ago, I chose that moniker at random just to be silly. I didn't think it would stick ;)

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Yeah of course man. I actually don't like when people refer to me as zimbloth. When I signed up on the forum many moons ago, I chose that moniker at random just to be silly. I didn't think it would stick ;)
Awesome. lol So if i were to order the set i mentioned, the uncovered black ones, how long would they take to arrive, having to come from england and i assume to boston then here? I liked the price. I looked at a calibrated set on ebay and it worked out to being $450 for Aftermath 7's. I almost pissed myself. lmao It would be roughtly thursday or friday before i could get on it. Plus i would need a new 5 way switch and stereo barrel jack. I figure it's best to have everything new. Oh and vol and tone pots too. Is that something you could do as a complete order?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't normally care much for zebra pickups, but that cream and purple colour combo is SWEET.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome. lol So if i were to order the set i mentioned, the uncovered black ones, how long would they take to arrive, having to come from england and i assume to boston then here? I liked the price. I looked at a calibrated set on ebay and it worked out to being $450 for Aftermath 7's. I almost pissed myself. lmao It would be roughtly thursday or friday before i could get on it. Plus i would need a new 5 way switch and stereo barrel jack. I figure it's best to have everything new. Oh and vol and tone pots too. Is that something you could do as a complete order?

Yep I carry all of the BKP and DiMarzio pots, jacks, switches, etc. So if you want to have everything shipped together that's no problem. As for the wait time for BKPs, it varies but on average it's 2 weeks.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
is it true that he's having trouble with black pickup covers? I heard the company that use to do the coatings are no longer in business and he's having a hard time finding a replacement.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
is it true that he's having trouble with black pickup covers? I heard the company that use to do the coatings are no longer in business and he's having a hard time finding a replacement.

That's news to me, I get BKPs with black covers in every week.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here are some of the extra BKPs I have in stock currently:

Aftermath 7-string bridge -- black (3 in stock)
Aftermath 7-string bridge -- camo
Aftermath 8-string bridge -- black
Cold Sweat 7-string bridge -- black (used)
Holydiver 7-string bridge -- black satin cover
Miracle Man 7-string bridge -- black
Rebel Yell 6-string bridge -- chrome
Nailbomb 7-string set -- black satin covers (ceramic bridge)
Nailbomb 7-string bridge -- purple
Nailbomb 6-string neck -- black satin cover
Nailbomb 6-string bridge -- gold cover
Warpig 7-string bridge -- black
Warpig 7-string neck -- distressed
Warpig 7-string neck -- black

To order something you don't see here, go here: BARE KNUCKLE PICKUPS ORDER FORM (NEW FOR 2011) -- THE AXE PALACE / 508-921-9973 --

Yeah I remember Nolly talking about it but hey, maybe its already sorted out and fixed! :yesway:

Must be. I just got about 20 more pickups in today and there were plenty of black covered ones among them.

rekab

Reaction score
Were my aftermaths for the parker by chance in this order??
Also pm me a price on that used coldsweat. I've got a 007 elite (mahogany) needing the brand new blackout phase 1 replaced. I put it in and played maybe 30 minutes before sitting it down and not wanting to ever hear it again lol

')