FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Oh yes I shall be acquiring a Bareknuckle "Painkiller" bridge pickup from Zimbloth shortly:) It's the one he recommended for my all Mahogany Schecter ATX 7. I can't wait to hear how tight the low end is on this pickup.....even the name "Painkiller" I love.....perhaps this pickup will cure any pain and distress in my body and soul from the Euphoric Rush experienced from the thunderous brutal tone that arises from this pickup? I shall find out.;)

Painkillers are the bomb in mahogany, especially a thick piece. Love em in my LP, both bridge and neck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
Painkillers are the bomb in mahogany, especially a thick piece. Love em in my LP, both bridge and neck.

Awesome, this makes me even more excited about trying out the "Painkiller".
Zimbloth only had a painkiller bridge in stock at the time but after talking about different neck pickups he suggested both the Dimarzio Blaze neck, and I believe the Dimarzio "Liquifire". I came to the decision of the Dimarzio Liquifier....again not sure if that is the correct name but it sounds close...which I will be using for my neck pickup. I could have just waited for him to order another painkiller neck pickup but after hearing the details on how this newer Dimarzio neck pickup is supposed to sound I am definately going to give it a try, plus it will save me some money as well.....I've already owned Blaze pickups in my K7 which I loved for the bridge but for a neck pickup I am trying to go for a less warmer tone if that makes sense.....sounds like the Liquifire(again if that is the one we talked about I'm sorry,lol) is going to be perfect match for the Painkiller.....kinda like Beauty and thr Beast.: cool:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh yes I shall be acquiring a Bareknuckle "Painkiller" bridge pickup from Zimbloth shortly:) It's the one he recommended for my all Mahogany Schecter ATX 7. I can't wait to hear how tight the low end is on this pickup.....even the name "Painkiller" I love.....perhaps this pickup will cure any pain and distress in my body and soul from the Euphoric Rush experienced from the thunderous brutal tone that arises from this pickup? I shall find out.;)

Your pickup should be arriving at your door by Wednesday :metal:

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
Fuck! My MM6 didn't arrive today! It's been 16 days since I ordered it. Guys, how long did yours take? I'm dying here, haven't played guitar electrically since the beginning of this month. Today was the day I was hoping it would arrive (2 weeks and 2 days shipping zimbloth said). Oh well, hope it arrives soon. Just wish I knew when.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Fuck! My MM6 didn't arrive today! It's been 16 days since I ordered it. Guys, how long did yours take? I'm dying here, haven't played guitar electrically since the beginning of this month. Today was the day I was hoping it would arrive (2 weeks and 2 days shipping zimbloth said). Oh well, hope it arrives soon. Just wish I knew when.

Dude, take it easy. It varies, these are handmade pickups and they're coming from England. You never know. Sometimes people get their pickups in a week or two, sometimes it can take longer. It's random and out of our control.

For example, I had a bunch of pickups come 2 weeks ago that came in super fast, and then one set ordered at the same time got held in customs for no apparent reason until just a few days ago. It'll be coming in soon dude, don't worry about it.

Also you just emailed me this same exact message I'm not sure why you're freaking out here also. Relax my man :)

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
Dude, take it easy. It varies, these are handmade pickups and they're coming from England. You never know. Sometimes people get their pickups in a week or two, sometimes it can take longer. It's random and out of our control.

For example, I had a bunch of pickups come 2 weeks ago that came in super fast, and then one set ordered at the same time got held in customs for no apparent reason until just a few days ago. It'll be coming in soon dude, don't worry about it.

Also you just emailed me this same exact message I'm not sure why you're freaking out here also. Relax my man :)
Impatience, that is why I am freaking out. I swear, I am the most impatient person ever. I had this exact reaction waiting for my Nailbomb. Grrrr... Haha. Honestly, i'm not trying to talk bad about you, but I came here because I got no reply from you haha :cool:

Spring break isn't helping my impatience.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Impatience, that is why I am freaking out. I swear, I am the most impatient person ever. I had this exact reaction waiting for my Nailbomb. Grrrr... Haha. Honestly, i'm not trying to talk bad about you, but I came here because I got no reply from you haha :cool:

Spring break isn't helping my impatience.

It's alright man, just try to be a little more patient. And I always reply to my emails, just give me more than 20 minutes here ;)

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
It's alright man, just try to be a little more patient. And I always reply to my emails, just give me more than 20 minutes here ;)
Thanks, I know i'm probably annoying the shit outta you. maybe it's because i'm 14. I'm sorry, and thanks for being patient with me.

carbon

Reaction score
Haha I'm just as antsy to get mine too SpiritCrusher, especially since I kinda jumped the gun and took everything out of my guitar already!:wallbash: As soon as it gets here though, only have to solder it in and it's good to go, I at least put the new switches and knob in.

BTW Zimbloth, should I expect my painkiller this week? Or is customs still trying to diffuse it? :lol::lol:

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
Haha I'm just as antsy to get mine too SpiritCrusher, especially since I kinda jumped the gun and took everything out of my guitar already!:wallbash: As soon as it gets here though, only have to solder it in and it's good to go, I at least put the new switches and knob in.

BTW Zimbloth, should I expect my painkiller this week? Or is customs still trying to diffuse it? :lol::lol:
Good to see i'm not alone :shred:

I had a Nailbomb, but when I was trying to wire it for coil tap, the leads got too short. This happened in the first week of march, and my guitar hasn't been working since. But, I arleady installed the volume knob and input jack, and since I ordered two conductor, all I have to do is restring it and solder two wires.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is. My Miracle Man 7s came really fast. And they sound great in my RG 7621. :shred:

Of course, I'm still getting use to my first seven. :lol:

carbon

Reaction score
I ordered mine back around the 1st, so ya itchin for it pretty bad right now haha. You got lucky Zugster, I had no idea that something like that would be held up in customs.

carbon

Reaction score
It's random and out of our control.

I'm just guessing based on what Zimbloth said. Whenever it gets here is fine by me though, I'm getting some more practice in on my bass in the meantime.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn guys... "Hand wound in the UK."

Shit doesn't always happen as fast as you'd like because they don't just have tons of pickups sitting around... they're made "to order". Also, their business doesn't always have the same workflow: some days they can be sitting there shooting the breeze, other days they could have more orders than they can shake a stick at. So, some people will get theirs fast and others might take a bit longer, it's not always exact.

Just be patient, when your pickup is being sent to you, you'll likely get a message saying so, if you ask.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is. My Miracle Man 7s came really fast. And they sound great in my RG 7621. :shred:

Of course, I'm still getting use to my first seven. :lol:

Yep yours did come pretty fast bro. Yours would be 'the norm'. However every time is different. These are all handmade to order. There are no pickups sitting on a shelf in England ready to ship. Everything is made to order, so sometimes if they build it quick and it ships quick, they'll come in quick. Other times it can take a bit longer, it's really no big deal. It's the normal way things go with custom/handmade stuff :)

I ordered mine back around the 1st, so ya itchin for it pretty bad right now haha. You got lucky Zugster, I had no idea that something like that would be held up in customs.

Again, it's not necessarily that its held up in customs. It could have just simply could have taken them a bit longer to build your pickup than Zugsters pickup. It all depends on their workload, the situation over there, shipping, etc. Just hang tight, they'll come in soon enough I promise :)

Guys, I really would appreciate if all questions about individual orders would be made to me directly via email, PM, phone, etc and not in this thread. This thread is more for information (pickup questions, advice, general info, prices, etc) and not discussion of individual orders. With the amount of orders I get in each week, that would make this thread a madhouse if everyone's individual order was being discussed :)

Damn guys... "Hand wound in the UK."

Shit doesn't always happen as fast as you'd like because they don't just have tons of pickups sitting around... they're made "to order". Also, their business doesn't always have the same workflow: some days they can be sitting there shooting the breeze, other days they could have more orders than they can shake a stick at. So, some people will get theirs fast and others might take a bit longer, it's not always exact.

Just be patient, when your pickup is being sent to you, you'll likely get a message saying so, if you ask.

You beat me to it, exactly :yesway:

Tim and the boys work hard but they're only human. These are great pickups that are made with care and precision, they can't be rushed or mass-produced. Hang tight, it'll be worth the wait if you're one of the few who've had to wait longer than usual. :)

')