FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Alnico aftermath?

No, the Aftermath bridge model is ceramic and is integral to its sound/design. The Rebel Yell would be sort of similar to an alnico version of that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
No, the Aftermath bridge model is ceramic and is integral to its sound/design. The Rebel Yell would be sort of similar to an alnico version of that.

In an EQ and general voicing sense how would the aftermath bridge compare to the cold sweat? Are they both as open as each other? What nature are the mids comparitively. Is the aftermath as clear as the cold sweat? Do both play open strumming as well as each other? Or is the cold sweat more suited for that style of playing? I'm guessing the aftermath is tighter than the CS but darker with a more aggressive lower midrange and less open? Sorry for all the questions but I've only read it being compared against the painkiller so I'd like to see if anyone has knowledge re: the cold sweat comparison. I can repay with any questions regarding nearly every BKP haha. Chur :yesway:

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score

Which by the way are an awesome set of pickups. They sound killer in my SG. They just need to change the name to Steve Stevens pickups!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
In an EQ and general voicing sense how would the aftermath bridge compare to the cold sweat? Are they both as open as each other? What nature are the mids comparitively. Is the aftermath as clear as the cold sweat? Do both play open strumming as well as each other? Or is the cold sweat more suited for that style of playing? I'm guessing the aftermath is tighter than the CS but darker with a more aggressive lower midrange and less open? Sorry for all the questions but I've only read it being compared against the painkiller so I'd like to see if anyone has knowledge re: the cold sweat comparison. I can repay with any questions regarding nearly every BKP haha. Chur :yesway:

The Aftermath has more mids, warmer highs, as tight if not tighter, a little more output. The CS is probably the brightest model BKP offers, so yes the AM is a little darker but it still has incredible definition. It would be great for chording as well as precision riffing.

Which by the way are an awesome set of pickups. They sound killer in my SG. They just need to change the name to Steve Stevens pickups!

Yeah the RY has never disappointed, amazing. As for the name change, I know your distaste for references to the Confederacy, but I doubt that's really the context they had in mind and context is everything :)

pwilldabeast14

Reaction score
The Aftermath has more mids, warmer highs, as tight if not tighter, a little more output. The CS is probably the brightest model BKP offers, so yes the AM is a little darker but it still has incredible definition. It would be great for chording as well as precision riffing.

so an aftermath bridge and a cold sweat neck would be a good combo?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

so an aftermath bridge and a cold sweat neck would be a good combo?

An Aftermath bridge and Aftermath neck would be an even better combo IMO.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A few cool BKPs that arrived today. BTW I have a few extra sets of Aftermath 6 and 7-strings available if anyone is interested (black, camo, etc).

Pictured below: Aftermath 7-string set w/ AGED NICKEL covers, Aftermath 7-string set w/ CAMO covers, Warpig 6-string bridge in WHITE, and a Cold Sweat 6-string set in CAMO as well:

am7s_agednickel.jpg

am7s_camo.jpg

wp6b_white.jpg

cs6s_camo.jpg

FLGearnut

Reaction score
Yum...sweet delicious BKP goodness...I need to get some more guitars so I have an excuse to get more BKP's...:yesway:

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Georgous. Especially the Aftermath with aged nickel and hex heads.

Shouldn't there be a buy 3 sets get the 4th set free... applied retroactively!?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yum...sweet delicious BKP goodness...I need to get some more guitars so I have an excuse to get more BKP's...:yesway:

I've had that same dilemma many times! So many BKPs, so few guitars. Especially now that I'm playing Parkers a lot its extra torturous (I can't use BKPs with those without heavy modification).

Georgous. Especially the Aftermath with aged nickel and hex heads.

:metal:

Richie666

Reaction score
How's the stock of 8 string BKPs right now? I'm thinking of getting a new bridge pickup for my intrepid but want to know the options

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
How's the stock of 8 string BKPs right now? I'm thinking of getting a new bridge pickup for my intrepid but want to know the options

I can get you whatever you need. 8-string pickups are a pretty niche item so I don't usually have a bunch of extras sitting around. They're all custom made to order. However I'd be happy to chat with you about what models would work best for your guitar/desired sound and then get something in for you. These days it takes 7-10 days for the pickups to be built and ultimately arrive here :)

As for options, every model is available in an 8-string, however they're only available in black.

Feel free to give me a call at 508-921-9973 or shoot me a message if you'd like to chat about this further. Also I see you're in MA. I'd be happy to install these for you like I've done many times on other Agile 8s for local customers :)

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
BKPs w/free install for local customers? Holy heck, can it get any better than that? Well there could be that buy 3, get the 4th set free deal... hehe :cool:

ayambakar

The Giver of Likes
Reaction score
Are there any legit sond tests on these pickups, like on youtube or something?

sorry for being such a noob :p

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Are there any legit sond tests on these pickups, like on youtube or something?

sorry for being such a noob :p

I personally find sound clips of pickups/amps/etc to be more or less worthless and misleading. But once and a while you can find some decent ones on youtube or on the forums.

ayambakar

The Giver of Likes
Reaction score
I personally find sound clips of pickups/amps/etc to be more or less worthless and misleading. But once and a while you can find some decent ones on youtube or on the forums.

yeah, I know. Sometimes it just irks me so much. I wish I can just teleport myself to any music store in the world :lol:

and, I went to Youtube on BKP's channel, thanks.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
what can people tell me about the Abraxas vs the Emerald pickups for neck and bridge

ash body, seven string, not a djent seeker.

The Abraxas is hotter, warmer, smoother top end. The Emerald is cleaner, a bit more articulate but plenty ballsy as well. The Abraxis has a bit more low-mid kick to it than the Emerald as well which is exceptionally balanced.

In Ash, I think the Abraxas would be VERY interesting!

')