/FS Caparison Horus, EBMM JP6, Parker Fly Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjg3000

Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in trades, but if the right offer is made, I might go with cash. I am interested almost completely in Carvin. Nothing else really. Maybe a PRS. Maybe a Mayones (But I don't have cash to throw down so probably not...). Other than those, Carvin is all I'm interested in. I'm more than happy to do 2 for 1's, guitars plus cash, etc. In general, I'm interested mostly in neck through Carvins with Stainless frets. But when it comes down to it, I'll consider any Carvin! Send me your offers and I'll see what we can work out!

6's and 7's only please!

If you have any questions about any of these guitars, feel free to PM me!

Caparison Horus Scarab

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Caparison Horus Scarab ordered with a thinner neck profile and EMG 81/SA pickups originally, now loaded with Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton S. The guitar is in very good condition. It has a few dings on the top and back that have been pictured to the best of my camera's ability. It has finish swirling in various areas as well as a few scratches here and there. The frets are all in great condition and there are no issues with the electronics/hardware. Playability is excellent and it's an absolutely huge sounding guitar.
Modifications (if any): Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton S
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hard Shell Case, Floyd Rose Trem Arm (Gold), Truss rod tool, floyd rose and locking nut wrenches, comes with original EMG 81/SA combo
Location (City,State or City,Country): Orlando, FL
International OK?: CONUS Only. Maybe Canada if you have something I really want.
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM me
References (eBay or other forum userid): iTrader on here, eBay
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $1900 OBO + Shipping, $2000 Trade Value
Pictures: ALBUM HERE: Caparison Horus Scarab Custom - Imgur

SeuY6Cx.jpg

Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 Stealth

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 in Stealth Black with a rosewood fingerboard. Fantastic guitar with amazing playability and a great tone. Comes loaded with the standard Crunch Lab/Liquifier combo. The guitar has a few dings and dents as pictured, as well as some scratches and finish swirling in various areas. The frets are in very good condition but they could use a quick polish. Other than that, everything is in good working order. At one point, the guitar's output jack died and I had it fixed by a local luthier who ordered the part directly from EBMM. It's fixed now but I'm just mentioning that for full disclosure.
Modifications (if any): None
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hard Shell Case, Trem Arm (Black)
International OK?: CONUS Only. Maybe Canada if you have something I really want.
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $1600 OBO + Shipping, $1700 Trade Value
Pictures: ALBUM HERE: Music Man JP6 - Imgur

OLI4ceq.jpg

Parker Fly Deluxe (Project)

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Explained Below!
Modifications (if any): Explained Below!
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Original piezo saddles
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $700 OBO + Shipping, $800 Trade Value
Pictures: ALBUM HERE: Parker Fly Deluxe - Imgur

XutHqRv.jpg

Ok, this thing needs a serious explanation so here it is. This was a project guitar that an acquaintance purchased with the intent of bringing life back into it. He passed it on to me because he didn't have the time. I thought to myself, if I like it enough, I'll restore it with original parts, etc. Simply put, I'm not a Parker guy, so I'm passing this on to someone who is, or someone who simply wants to try it on the cheap.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am not a Parker expert. I am going to describe this as best as I can but there are many flaws on this guitar and I cannot picture nor mention them all. Just keep that in mind. First off, the guitar's finish has been through the wringer. There are scratches in many places, some of them pretty deep, as well as chips and scrapes in the finish in various spots. It's pretty beat up.

The top horn has been cut short and the original strap button has been replaced with a black one. I don't know why it was cut, it just was. It was also refinished in that spot with black, so it looks pretty uniform. All of the original electronics were gutted and it currently is wired up with a single 3 way switch and a push-pull volume pot that is set to split the neck pickup. The pickups are the original Dimarzio pickups that came with it. The empty holes are covered up with little rubber hole plugs. There is currently no piezo system in this guitar.

The bridge has been modified and is no longer functional in the way Parker intended. It is missing the small stopper on the back of the spring plate that lets you change the trem from down only to full floating. Because of this, it's always stuck in full floating. It doesn't have much range so I'm wondering if they were trying to block it off somehow but I can't be sure. The trem wheel that controls the spring tension is currently stuck and won't turn beyond a certain point. I have not tried to turn it because I'm worried I might do damage. Apparently, from research, getting some good penetrating oil can be enough to loosen it up, but I haven't bothered with it.

The guitar's bridge has also been replaced with one of the newer bridges with the black trem bushing so it uses a newer round trem arm, not the old hexagon shaped ones. The saddles were also removed and replaced with Parker's non piezo saddles they use for their custom shop guitars. The sperzel tuners are original but they are starting to rust up a bit, though this hasn't affected the function of them. They still work just fine. The nut has a bit of an indentation on the bass side.

Overall, the playability is good and the sound is very good. The guitar functions fine just the way it is and it seems to stay in tune pretty well. The frets are in great condition but there is one thing I've noticed. On the sixth fret on the D string, there is a good bit of fret buzz. Probably a loose or uneven fret. Might need a leveling or could be a simple truss rod adjustment that will fix it. Don't know, but it's there so I'm mentioning it. It does not include a case of any kind nor does it include any tools for adjusting anything. If you want a case, we can work something out, just PM me. It will be coming with the original piezo loaded saddles but I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE FUNCTIONAL. So while they might work if you want to restore it, I can't make any guarantees. If you have any questions, PM me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rjg3000

Reaction score
Bump! Some great offers so far, JP6 might be gone soon.

Updated Trade Interests:

Carvin
Jackson USA
Schecter USA
Mayones
PRS
ESP (Not looking for LTD other than LTD Elite, which are Japanese made)
Maybe something else I haven't listed.

rjg3000

Reaction score
SVjx5yC.jpg

Looks like the Caparison might be on it's way out in the next day or two! If you have any offers, now's the time!

rjg3000

Reaction score
And the Caparison is gone!

The JP6 and Parker Fly Deluxe are still available!

JP6 has a few potential offers so hit me up while it's still here!

kchay

Reaction score
I'd possibly be keen on the Parker, but you'll have to PM me; I'm not in the US.

rjg3000

Reaction score
Bump! Quite a few great offers on the JP6. Might be gone soon. Get your offers in!

rjg3000

Reaction score
Bump

Jackson USA, Schecter USA, and ESP are at the top of my list right now!

rjg3000

Reaction score
JP6 has a few offers so this might be gone come the weekend. Let me see those offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.