FS: Custom Les Paul w/ 1 of a kind Celtic Paint Scheme

• Thread starter Sims Custom Shop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You are looking at a one of a kind Custom Made Les Paul guitar. We hand made this guitar at our Sims Custom Shop in Chattanooga, TN.
The body and neck are mahogany, rosewood fingerboard, pearl block inlay, binding down the neck, Gibson Open book headstock,
Gibson Bridge and tail piece, Locking Sperzel Tuners, Seymour Duncans, etc...This guitar has got the best of everything, as well as one
of the awesomest and crazy paint jobs you'll EVER see. Everything was airbrushed by hand to simulate engraved metal. Guitar plays
flawlessly and has had all the fret work done on a $150,000 PLEK machine by Joe Glaser instruments in Nashville, TN.
Guitar will come in a new hardshell case. We charge $1100 to do a paint job like this so when you take into consideration everything
else the guitar is its really a great deal...considering you can't even get a NEW Les Paul Standard for this price.....and its a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to pick up a TRUE CUSTOM SHOP Les Paul.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know at Nshvlleguitar@aol.com

$1999 shipped

NewCelticTwo.jpg

NewCelticThree.jpg

NewCelticTen.jpg

NewCelticSix.jpg

NewCelticSeven.jpg

NewCelticOne.jpg

NewCelticnine.jpg

NewCelticFour.jpg

NewCelticFive.jpg

NewCelticEleven.jpg

NewCelticEight.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
:holy:

I dont have $2K. i hope someone on here buys that! nice work :yesway:

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Purdy. Pity about the visible screw holes in the headstock, but :yum:

Reaction score
Yea that was b/c we originally had the Gibson tulip tuners on it....but I opted to go with the locking Sperzels instead....much better tuners in my opion and they go with the look of the guitar better too.

Yea I really hope someone buys it too....I need to sell it to finish up some other project we're doing

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
wait, so this is a sims guitar but branded gibson? or did i read the description wrong? aren't there laws against that kind of thing?

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
it clearly isn't a Gibson judging from the headstock shape, and the Block inlays on rosewood board. it says in the description it's made by SIMS though...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
wait, so this is a sims guitar but branded gibson? or did i read the description wrong? aren't there laws against that kind of thing?

There are a few legal (and ethical) issues at stake here.

Lots of companies make guitars that look like Les Pauls, but when you copy the headstock shape and put a Gibson logo on there, you're just begging for a call from Gibson's legal department.

And the fact that you are advertising it as a "TRUE CUSTOM SHOP Les Paul" is even more deceiving.

:nono:

Reaction score
its advertised as a "True Custom Shop" guitar b/c we ARE a true custom shop. It means its not some mass produced guitar in China....its a True Custom Shop guitar....you know we are Sims "CUSTOM SHOP" get it?

Geez...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
"Gibsun? :lol:

IT is abit misleading, dude - personally, if I were you, I'd advertise it as a "Les Paul-style custom, or a Sims Custom Shop singlecut custom or something, especially with the quasi-Gibson logo and all... Not trying to tell you how to run your business, merely pointing out that you're opening yourself up to a potential lawsuit here...

I fuckin' love the airbrush work on the back of the neck, though. :yesway:

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Darren is correct. Indeed, that is a fantastic paint job, but the fact remains that by branding it with a Gibson logo (and incorrectly angled at that), it IS forgery, plain and simple. Sometime down the road is where this may present a problem for an unwitting, potential second or third buyer that may be rooked into thinking he/she has a real Gibby. I see this shit happen all the time with the chinese forgeries I see at my work occasionally. It's sad to see the looks on their faces when I tell them that I cannot do any warranty work on their $1k "Gibson" they got gipped for isn't real - and that really sucks for them.

For such an obviously fine axe, it's a shame you're not proud enough to put your own name on an axe you made yourself, like your other custom work. I know I would. I just don't understand the logic behind doing such a thing, unless you are trying to scam someone like the chinese guitars (I don't think you are). Rise above that man, obviously you do excellent work - be proud of it.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
its advertised as a "True Custom Shop" guitar b/c we ARE a true custom shop. It means its not some mass produced guitar in China....its a True Custom Shop guitar....you know we are Sims "CUSTOM SHOP" get it?

But why not put your own logo on the headstock? You do not have the rights to use Gibson's trademarked headstock shape and logo.

Another minor sticking point... your airbrush artist might have done a bit more research before painting an Egyptian Ankh on a "Celtic" themed guitar. A Celtic cross is a little different.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuckin' aye right it is. WOW.

While i too disagree with the gibson thing, Thats been aesthetically one of my favourite paintjobs on a guitar EVER, since i saw it on your site a while back

Efilnikufesin

Reaction score
It's gorgeous but I agree with the others, if you built that yourself, then maybe you should think about doing something with the gibson logo so that there's no confusion. It'd just be a shame if someone got into trouble selling that in the future.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Also the truss rod cover has 3 screws in it, Gibson only ever used 2.

Dont get us wrong man, its fantastic work, just dont get why you wouldnt brand it with your own? Cos seriously, it is fantastic, but someone is going to end up with a lawsuit on their hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
')