FS/FT Maestro VINTAGE USS-1 Universal Synthesizer

• Thread starter sepherus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
I originally posted this in the guitar section and I appologize to all 2 of you who looked at it in wonder as to what i was talking about till you opened it up and though "what an idiot".

I have a used Maestro USS1 Universal Synthesizer System im looking to off load for some cash. Its a really awesome totally vintage analog multi-effect that has controls as follows:

Waveform (with Intensity slider) a kind of fuzz effect
Filter (with Frequency and Brilliance sliders) envelope filter
Sample/Hold strange warbly effect
Phase (with Speed slider) phaser, really awesome sounds too
Envelope (with Attack and Decay sliders) another envelope filter that operates a bit differently
Sub-Harmonic (with a Volume slider and sustained or percussive switch) self explanitory, lower octave in quick hit or sustaining
then there is also a slider for Sensitivity that works on the Envelope and Sub-Harmonic, basically increasing the volume of the effect compaired to the natural sound

It sounds really cool when in use, but it does lag on your tone a bit when at least one effect isn't turned on. I had to bypass the fuze because it had a funny cover that I could not replace, but it doesn't effect it that i can tell. I DO NOT have the back plate or external footswitche(s?)

Instrument plugs into the 1/4" furthest from the plug/transformer, closest to goes to the amp. No clue what the middle 2 do, and have never found any info on them.

These things are super rare. I've only ever seen them for sale at Boston Guitar Works, Inc: Maestro
and a few random postings on ebay, and they go for well over what i'm asking for, in similar conditions. Not to mention the Syth Museum doesn't have one yet. They have tremendous reviews from the people over at harmonycentral from all 3 posts about it :p Maestro Universal Synthesizer: Harmony Central User Reviews

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

Traded to Used666 for VHT Deliverance 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow... that looks like a really cool piece of gear, but about 10x higher than my "impulse buy" threshold to try out a funky piece of kit.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
just because i have it listed at that, it does say (highly negotiable) and I am willing to do trades, and most likely will trade for absurd things.

To be honest, I got the thing in a trade for a Boss MT-2, which I bought used. So any thing over what I paid for that and the solder i used to get it working again is a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts