FS/FT Officially licensed Strandberg by Egan 7 extended scale/fan fret

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW7

Reaction score
Brief Description : Officially licensed Strandberg fan fret 7 string guitar (extended scale)
Modifications (if any): strap button/lock relocated. (currently has "LOXX" installed)
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Gator Hard Case
Location (City,State or City,Country): Laplace, LA. (just outside New Orleans)
International OK? : maybe
Contact Info (No Phone #s) cheeweez777@gmail.com
References (eBay or other forum userid): eBay ID - cheeweez777 cheeweez777 on eBay
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $2000.00 US shipped in US. (international we can discuss shipping options)

It's with some heavy reservation I am listing this very rare and unique axe. This is one of a handful of a run of officially licensed Strandbergs built by Egan Guitars. For those not aware, for a very short time Strandbger licensed Egan Guitars to build custom versions- this is one of a very small number that were completed before Strandberg decided to stay in house with no more licensing. I actually bought this here last year on the forum. I LOVE this guitar, but the extended scale combined with the fan doesn't play well with my smallish hands and wrist issues. (I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands the past 2 years, and am pretty sensitive to any extreme angles). I've tried to get comfortable on this guitar, but it's just not happening.

When I got the guitar in, the action was higher than I liked. I immediately sent it in to my luthier tech for neck, fret, and an overall "once over". I spent a couple hundred bucks having it set up and frets leveled. It plays like a DREAM. It's by far the lowest action I have achieved on a guitar and still have full playability /string bending available. But with a new baby in the home, I can't justify having a studio guitar- I play for a living, and if I can't bring it out on the road and use it, I need to find it a new home. (I only used this live MAYBE twice, before coming to the unfortunate realization I couldn't get comfortable. It's been in my smoke free studio ever since.).

Pics should illustrate condition. It's pretty darn clean. Some basic pick marks in the expected area (those were there when I got it), as well as some fine, light, buckle scratches on the rear. (also there already). I've pretty much just noodled on it in the studio. There are a few minor nicks here and there on the satin finish, but nothing glaring. (I can email larger photos, or anything specific you'd like.). It's loaded with Bare Knuckle pickups (Aftermath and VHII), and of course they scream. It's a pretty big sounding guitar considering it's weight (around 6 lbs., tops) and the chambering. (it's very resonant, even unplugged).

I'd rather sell it to fund my next purchase, but I am not opposed to talking trade if you have something interesting. (Vigier, Music Man Majesty being a couple I am considering. I already have a Vigier SL Excalibur, and am considering a second). Now, on to the pics and specs.

(While I am relatively new here and do mostly post reading, I have a stellar eBay history of buying and selling high end gear. )

Strandberg official hardware
7 strings tuned Standard
27.8 - 26.3 scale (14th fret parallel)
Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge and VHII neck (fanned)
Dual volume controls with coil tap push/pull
3-way toggle
LOKS straplocks
Standard neck profile
24 stainless steel extra jumbo frets
Swamp ash body
5 piece birdseye maple/wenge neck
Pale moon ebony fret board
Triple binding white/black/white
Luminlays (green)
Black stained top
Water based lacquer , satin finish
18" radius
Bolt on construction

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')