FS: Godin Detour in Black Graphite finish

• Thread starter GiantBaba
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm selling my Godin Detour guitar. I'm asking $275 obo. It's a lovely guitar and I don't want to let it go, but there are some other projects I'm looking to start. Condition-wise I'd say 8/10. No dents or chips. The specs (taken from the Godin site) are:

Neck: Rock Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ Radius 12”
Body: Silverleaf Maple center w/ Poplar wings
Nut: Tusq
Scale: 24 ¾”
Bridge: fixed
Frets: 22 medium jumbo
Pickups: Neck: Godin GHN1
Bridge: Godin GHB1
Controls: 3-way pickup switch, volume and tone

The playability and feel is pretty much right between super-Strat and Gibson SG. I find it pretty bright sounding and good for high-gain stuff. There are some really great details in this sucker; the bridge is heavy-duty and solid, and the neck heel may be the best bolt-on neck heel I've ever played. Great contouring all over the body. The finish is really neat too, a semi-gloss Black Graphite finish. Really really nice in person.

I've made really only 2 modifications to it: I widened the nut-slots slightly to allow my 10-60 strings (I use New Standard Tuning), and added vinyl fret inlay decals I got from eBay. They are Celtic Cross design. Easily removable and doesn't damage the wood. The first fret inlay should probably be removed as I screwed up applying it. There's no inlay underneath so it won't look strange if you want to remove just the one and leave the rest. Or take 'em all off. I will also remove them prior to shipping if the buyers requests it.

I'll also get a new set of strings and set it up in your tuning if you so request. Anyway, on to the pictures.

godin2.png

godin3.png

godin4.png

godin5.png

godin6.png

godin7.png

I'm also selling a Morley Pro Series II Wah. About 2 years old, not used much. Asking $50 obo.

wah.png

For references, my eBay name is giantbaba84 100% positive, about 50 feedbacks. I've also made several deals on the JCF, same username as here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of things: I'd be willing to trade for a Ibanez RG 7-string with a trem. Maybe throw in some cash depending on model and condition. Most likely a 7420 wanted.

Secondly, the $275 includes shipping to the lower 48.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
One and only price drop before the 'bay:

Godin $250 shipped

Morley Wah $35 shipped

And PayPal very much preferred

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
How's the Morley? I am looking for just a basic Wah since I am just starting out with using one :)

I think for high-gain styles it's a nice wah. Thing is, when you activate it it basically acts as a boost too. So you gotta watch that wah level knob when you're doing clean-funky stuff or you can get a little too gritty or trebley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')