FS: JCM 800 2204

• Thread starter jforsythe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jforsythe

jforsythe
Reaction score
1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt /w horizontal inputs for sale. I am saving up for my dream amp, a VHT Deliverance, and my HD 147 covers all the studio stuff I do. I am at least the second owner of this amplifier. I purchased this at a small music store in New Jersey that I teach at. The amp has been in my posession for about 1 year and has never been gigged with. I had the amp looked over, retubed, and biased on April 3rd, 2006. When originally bought, the amp contained EL34's, but the tech I brought it to said the amp was originally made for 6550's and was never set up properly for the EL34's. I decided to stick with the 6550's to keep the amp stock. The preamp tubes were in "excellent condition" according to the tech and were not replaced except for the phase inverter tube.

Cosmetically, the amp is in good condition with the exception of some slight tears in the tolex. The only other cosmetic issue is that the previous owner painted a lightning bolt containing the word "Bolt" in white on both sides of the amp. It never bothered me much, so I never had the paint removed.

If you are a fan of the JCM 800, this amp sounds great. The 6550's give it tons more headroom and a huge bottom end. Really nice when the volume knob on the guitar is rolled back. Fans of Zakk Wylde and Kerry King will enjoy the sound of the 6550's. Be warned, however, this amp is LOUD. It's louder than an EL34 loaded 2204. I can barely get the Master Volume past 3 without my room shaking and the neighbors complaining. For those interested that have never owned a JCM 800, this amp is not high gain. You will need an overdrive pedal to boost it into high-gain territory. It takes pedals very well.

I'm asking for $800 plus insured shipping within the 48 states only. I will also throw in a mint-condition stock Boss Super Overdrive SD-1 (without an adaptor) at no extra cost. If I don't get any interested, I'm putting this amp on eBay in a week's time. If interested, email me at thrush@forsythemedia.com

Front.JPG

FrontControls.JPG

FrontControls2.JPG

LeftSide.JPG

RightSide.JPG

Top.JPG

Back.JPG

BackChasis.JPG

BackChasis2.JPG

BackControls.JPG

SD-1.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')