FS/T... NOS RG1527 CB whole or parts...

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Have everything in mint shape. Never seen any play time at all. Please email with what you would be intereted in and what you would pay/trade. I am not posting prices because I won't even bother if I can't get enough for it. I'll just EBay it then or make it my new mule and retire my beat down 7620 tester.

Please let me know. I would sell the whole thing for $675 shipped in the with a near perfect UV1000c and full setup. It plays amazingly. Like I said, it's new old stock. Pics at www.ericsguitars.com/2004rg1527cb.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Funny everytime I try it it doesn't work, then when I post about it you respond the same way and when I try again, lo and behold it works! NICE! Now where are these made and how are they different than say a 7620...ok I just read that they are made in Japan...agin though how come the huge price drop?

Prestige return of the 7620 w/ better pricing($799.99)

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
It's all magic bro. :) an iluuuusion :cool:

The price drop reflected two things in my opinion:

1- the 7620 was WAY over priced as a new guitar and they were correcting for it

2- they lack of 7 sales mean they needed to have someting in their stable that could be a mid-priced alternative to mostly high-end guitars, includiing their own with the UVs, and actually sell some and make some dough.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
It's all magic bro. :) an iluuuusion :cool:

The price drop reflected two things in my opinion:

1- the 7620 was WAY over priced as a new guitar and they were correcting for it

2- they lack of 7 sales mean they needed to have someting in their stable that could be a mid-priced alternative to mostly high-end guitars, includiing their own with the UVs, and actually sell some and make some dough.

I'd have to disagree-- they were worth that price...
And actually, to me, the RG1527 Resembled an upgraded 7420 than a newer 7620, just as far as aestetics go. i kinda agree w/ the second part ;p

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
:fawk: Who do you think you are having your own opinion. Damn you!

Objectively, the 7620s were a bit overpriced for their market, IMHO. They should have listed at or below $1000. They would have sold a lot more and they should never have done the 742x either. They weakened the market the same way "Buy Cars at Employee Pricing" devalues their products.

As an average buyer (not you or me), you see the 74xx and the 76xx and all you see is a difference in the trem and a LOT of price difference. A lot of people STILL don't know which they have. Again, we're talking the non-informed 7 heads at large.

If they only had the 762x and made the price hit list at $999 they would have cleaned UP. $.02. Peace out, yo.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
the 7620 was WAY over priced as a new guitar and they were correcting for it

Gotta disagree, simply because the UV was the only other seven on the market right now, and the 7620 offered a more cosmetically neutral alternative for a couple hundred less, coupled with the newer AANJ.

I'd say while it might not have been a $1300 guitar list, it shouldn't have been less than $1100. I think a target street price of $800-ish should have been ideal.

Either way, after they were cleared out, Ibanez wasn't pricing the 1527 against the UV, they were pricing it against the used 7620's that were going for $400 cased. Why'd you spend $1k street on a new gutiar when you could get virtually the same guitar used for less than half that? They had to at LEAST bring it within ballpark - for some, the $2-300 more fr the new guitar would be worth it, where an extra $600 would be a tough sell in ANYONE's book.

That's my read, anyway. :)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
(though, I do agree that the introduction of the 7420 made the price that much harder to justify)

JCNY

Reaction score
If you don't already know I am the proud new owner of this guitar which I recieved yesterday. :yesway:

This ended up being even nicer than I anticipated. Great neck with tung oil finish. And also included a Universe case that is awesome!

Erics a great guy to deal with,very professional and patient. Looking forward to the next deal. Another thank you to Erics Guitars! :metal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')