FTAD... 6505+ content

• Thread starter dudeskin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dudeskin

Reaction score
(First Tube Amp Day)
Hi all. after all this time of looking, finally found one thats a good price, and condition etc.
so, i found a 6505+ with cab, boss noise supressor and boss pedal case for £800.
so i drove 140miles round trip to go and get it yesturday, and my god was it worth it.
mint condish, and the sound, just wow!!!

got pics on my phone, so will upload them soon, so dont wurry, i know this thread is worthes without pics :hbang:.
get to take it to a rehursal room/photo studio tomorrow, so i will crank up the tunes,mmmmmmm :shred:.

gimme some settings guys, show me what you have coming out this beast!

cheers, joe

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
Aha! So you did tap a 6505+! Congrats man!
I'm quite sure you'll enjoy it :metal:
still...

:worth::fawk:

dudeskin

Reaction score
i did indeed, its so heavy, but oh well.lol.
ill get pics up soon,lol.
i played it through my old line6 cab, and that sounded mint, so i cant wait for the peavey cab, couldnt get it upstairs by myself.lol.

hate bing at work with that at home waiting for me.lol.

:shred:

kazE

Reaction score
HNAD!

Welcome to the club of 6505 owners. :D
I'm literally dying waiting for mine to get back from FJA, it's going to be a long 2 weeks...

If you liked how it sounded through that Line 6 cab wait till you hear it through something good. :lol:

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
HNAD!

I'm literally dying waiting for mine to get back from FJA, it's going to be a long 2 weeks...

If you liked how it sounded through that Line 6 cab wait till you hear it through something good. :lol:
but I absolutely agree :worth:

fixed :lol:
I'm dying to get my hands on that Pittbull :hber:

dudeskin

Reaction score
HNAD!

HNAD?? cant work it out.lol.
mmm, let me know what you think og the fja mods when you get it back.
2 weeks, killer, doh!

yeh, through something decent it will sound even better, can wait for tomorrow night, see how loud i can take it before we get in trouble.lol.

share some settings guys :shred:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
congrats on a cool amp.
I'd start with everything at 6 then roll the treble back to 4 and the presence back to 4 (this is on the lead channel, set the post gain volume to at least 3.
I run mine like this with a 10 band EQ in the loop with these settings and it smooths it out nicely. When you slightly boost 250hz and 2Khz it makes the amp sound much thicker.
DSCN2328.jpg

Vstro

Reaction score
Congrats dude! Gotta love the 6505's!

HNAD!

Not to get off topic but you should post some clips once you get that head back!:partyhat:

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Congrats mate! Lets see some pics.

Remember:

Boost with OD and dont take the amp gain past 6.
You DO NOT need much presence.
Keep the MIDs above 4.

A Noise Suppressor WILL be your best friend. :yesway:

Good Luck!

kazE

Reaction score
HNAD?? cant work it out.lol.
mmm, let me know what you think og the fja mods when you get it back.
2 weeks, killer, doh!

yeh, through something decent it will sound even better, can wait for tomorrow night, see how loud i can take it before we get in trouble.lol.

share some settings guys :shred:

Happy New Amp Day! ;)

Trust me, I will post up plenty of info once I get it back. :p
People absolutely love FJA mods and he has fantastic reviews for even small, inexpensive mods. Here's a few if you're interested:

FJA Reviews
FJA Mods 5150 Head Mod: Harmony Central User Reviews

He has aYouTube channel with a bunch of demo's to check out as well. He's been really helpful in emails so if you have any questions I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

Vstro- Definitely, I'm going to order a good mic and hopefully I'll be able to get some clips up ASAP.

Sorry back to topic:
What's been said before but a noise suppressor is a must for the 6505's, also a quality boost/OD pedal will further enhance your tone.

dudeskin

Reaction score
Cheers guys.
will invest in a boost soon, i've got an old OD pedal somewhere, not very good, will that matter, or it best to go with a t9 or something?

can anyone talk me through effects send/return? what does it mean you can do?
say if i want a pedal on when im on clean channel, but want it to be on as soon as i stamp on clean, how do i do that without having to dance, or have a gap between normal clean, and the effect being on?

just hyperthetical at the mo.
got to get my head round all this stuff some day :lol:

:hbang:

kazE

Reaction score
Yes a good OD will make a sizable difference. Tubescreamer's are very popular, as are Maxon OD808's. I got a DigiTech HardWire CM-2 not too long ago and really like it.
Blackstar's HT-DRIVE and Xotic's BB Preamp are two really nice overdrive's as well.

Another thing you might look into is an equalizer, it can really help you find the "perfect" tone. Especially if you can't dial in a particular sound with the amp's onboard settings. MXR's EQ's are a good choice.

When you use the effects loop on an amp, you are sending the signal after the preamp but before the power amp. A preamp is what produces the tone, and a power amp produces the volume. Using an effects loop to route your signal is what prevents a muddied tone.

Most people think it's best to put an OD before the amp though: Guitar > OD > Amp input.

Cheers.

dudeskin

Reaction score
well, went lastnight for a free video shoot, so had to take all my stuff with me. 1st time had the amp on a nice loud setting. sounds good. sounds very good. didnt have any chance to play with EQ or anything, it wasny about the sound lastnight.
other guitarist use my line6 spider 2, just cuz its bigger than his and makes us look more beafy.lol. we covered the line6 with a band t-shirt tho.lol.
he said i need less bass, so i will look at that next time, the bassist couldnt be heard as much as normal. but some of that could be down to them not normaly playing with a second guitar, so im filling the gap alot.lol.
didnt take noise gate with me, oh no.lol. will do next time. room was very small, so no suprize realy.
very noisey amp, so i will need that noise gate for sure.
thanks for all your help guys.

anything else you wonna tell me, feel free :hbang:

cheers

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Enjoy this beast!:hbang:

Remember:

Keep the MIDs above 4.

Good Luck!
This is a great guide.

can anyone talk me through effects send/return? what does it mean you can do?
say if i want a pedal on when im on clean channel, but want it to be on as soon as i stamp on clean, how do i do that without having to dance, or have a gap between normal clean, and the effect being on?

Right, what the guy above said about preamp and poweramp is the basics.
Think of any effect you put in the effects loop as being applied to the tone of the amp, not the tone of the guitar before entering the amp. It really makes a lot of things sound much better.

In regards to your question of dancing, yes, an effects loop can be used for that. For advanced setups you would need some more complicated fx loop pedals etc to set particular combinations..but just using the 6505, you can say, put your delay in the FX loop for clean. Leave the delay pedal ON all the time, and use the 6505 footswitch to turn the loop on and off, thus sending your signal through the delay.

However, say you wanted an EQ pedal in the loop ALL the time, AND to do this clean-delay, you would not be able to, because turning the FX loop off to lose the delay would also lose the EQ pedal. You would have to hit both the channel switch and the delay on/off.
This is where more advanced looping pedals etc would come into play.

Hope this helps :hbang:

EDIT: Coming to think of it..the first scenario you would also have to hit the channel select and fx loop on the 6505 footswitch anyway..oops :p
But you get the idea ;)

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Congrats man, I'm sure you'll love it!

Congrats mate! Lets see some pics.

Remember:

Keep the MIDs above 4.

Good Luck!

All of this is great advice. Especially the part about pics...:squint:

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
Someone get a mod in here seriously im sick of these New stuff days without pics.....its really fuckin annoying...gratz and all but you fail

:worth:

thefearthefury

thefear&thefury
Reaction score
gimme some settings guys, show me what you have coming out this beast!

i've played a couple 6505's and have had a good experience with the eq set to demon (666). it\s a quick fix and sounds great imo. also set your presence somewhere between 3 and 5, & resonance between 5 and 8.

you also don't need a whole lot of pre gain (maybe between 5 and 7?) it\s got a whole lotta balls

')